873 Broadview Avenue, Lower Level, Toronto, ON
We will be discussing the various elements involved in the Dialectical Behaviour Skill (DBT) — SELF-SOOTHE. And then reinforcing these skills with a group hypnosis session.
Using your senses
• Vision – being mindful of each sight that passes in front of you
• Hearing – being mindful of any sounds that come your way, letting them go in one ear and out the other
• Smell - walk in a wooded area and mind-fully breathe in the smells of nature, etc
• Taste – really taste the food you eat; eat one-mindfully
• Touch – experience whatever you are touching, notice, touch what is soothing; take a footbath, put on lotion, etc
These evenings will be hosted by Allan Clews who is both a master of Mindfulness (with 35 years experience) and a professional hypnotherapist (since 1989). Allan would like to structure the evenings around the life skills taught in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT).
There will be no formal charge, though a $10 donation will be requested – but only if you feel you have been nurtured by the evening. If you are unemployed or have a limited income, then you will be asked to 'pay it forward' in the form of a good deed to someone else, so that the flow of energy is not blocked.
To learn more about Allan please visit his website:
or check out his Instagram posts: