873 Broadview Avenue, Lower Level, Toronto, ON
We will be discussing the various elements involved in the Dialectical Behaviour Skill (DBT) — OBJECTIVE EFFECTIVENESS. And then reinforcing these skills with a group hypnosis session.
(what I want)
Goal: Obtain objectives in a situation
• Describe the current situation (just the facts)
• Express your feelings and opinions about the situation
• Assert yourself by asking for what you want or saying no clearly
• Reinforce or reward the person ahead of time: explain consequences
• Mindfully keep your focus on your objectives; don’t be distracted
• Appear confident and effective: good eye contact, don’t stammer
• Negotiate: be willing to give to get
These evenings will be hosted by Allan Clews who is both a master of Mindfulness (with 35 years experience) and a professional hypnotherapist (since 1989). Allan would like to structure the evenings around the life skills taught in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT).
There will be no formal charge, though a $10 donation will be requested – but only if you feel you have been nurtured by the evening. If you are unemployed or have a limited income, then you will be asked to 'pay it forward' in the form of a good deed to someone else, so that the flow of energy is not blocked.
To learn more about Allan please visit his website:
or check out his Instagram posts: