1. The purpose of this group is to bring awareness to mental health issues, and provide services to help people who is in need. 2. There are three types of people should join; the ones who wants to volunteer to help people, the ones that needs the help and anyone who is interested to learn more about mental health related issues. 3. We will have two different types of events to achieve different purposes. 1) Informative presentations about achieving good mental health 2) Pairing people who need help and volunteers to make the ones who is going through something in their lives to feel their voices are heard.
If you are in crisis or you think you may have an emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. If you're having suicidal thoughts, call toll-free 1-833-456-4566 Available 24/7 (English/French) to talk to a skilled, trained counselor at a crisis center in your area at any time.
Always consult with a mental health professional for medical advice, we are only a peer to peer support group.
1. Confidentiality means we will not share your information outside of this group, and the members should also respect confidentiality of other members of this group.
2. Do not judge others or their stories.
3. Avoid interrupting others while they speak, the facilitator will give you a chance to speak. Everyone’s opinion or voice matters.
4. Be kind to others and they will be kind to you.
5. No abuse shall be tolerated in the group eg talking about others in the group behind their backs.
6. Have respect for yourself and the group at large eg avoid coming to the meeting with an offensive odor. Prioritize hygiene.
7. Do not share information that you know might be too graphic for the group rather ask the facilitator for a one on one.
8. Do not give advice but rather say I suggest or what I have experienced etc.
9. Be mindful of sharing content that can be a trigger to other group members eg pictures or videos .
10. No taking of pictures, videos, and recording devices will be allowed in the group.
11. You are free to leave the group at anytime however feedback will really important to us so we may know where to improve or so we may know if you are ok.
12. You may be asked to leave the group if you don’t adhere/align to the groups mission and vision.