addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Toronto Sports Meetup Group Message Board › Please do not RSVP if you're not 100% sure you'll make the games!

Please do not RSVP if you're not 100% sure you'll make the games!

Sam E.
user 13396366
Group Organizer
Toronto, ON
Post #: 7
Hi Everyone,

Due to the limited spots available for our pick-up games we're cracking down on those that change there reply to not going less than 48 hours before the event or worse simply not showing up even though they've RSVP'd Yes.

This is not fair to those on the waiting list and those that thought that the meetup was full so they never RSVP'd.

Anyone cancelling less than 48 hours before a given pickup game or anyone failing to showup to play even though they've RSVP'd Yes will unfortunately be removed form the Toronto Sports Meetup Group! .. Making room for others that are more reliable and dependable.

A former member
Post #: 3
I don't know but this seems a bit extreme. I haven't cancelled on short notice myself but work and other commitments come up.

People sometimes need to cancel. Do you want someone who picked up flu or food poisoning on Friday to come to the game? I suggest cancelling 3 hours before is considered an offense. Even then, most groups use a 3 strikes you're out rule. Not showing up at all may be different.

My 2 cents.
Sam E.
user 13396366
Group Organizer
Toronto, ON
Post #: 9
Thanks for your 2 cents .. please see my 2 cents above :)
Toronto, ON
Post #: 17
That's fair enough for the long waiting list.