May 11, 2013 · 1:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Spring has sprung and there is plenty of new growth out there to discover! Join Karen Stephenson, author of the field guide: "Fields of Nutrition" (http://www.ediblewildfood.com/) who will be sharing her wealth of knowledge of wild edible plants on an educational walk through High Park! Many of these "weeds" are actually very nutritious and medicinally useful as part of a daily diet or in a survival situation.
Note: Karen has opened up twenty spots for this event for TSG members.
Cost: $20 upon arrival. Kids under 18 free.
- Comfortable walking or hiking shoes or boots are recommended.
- Bring some water in a reusable bottle
- You are welcome to bring a camera (no video cameras please) and something to take notes with
- Dogs on a leash are welcome
- Free parking outside grenadier Restaurant
- Washroom facilities are available on site inside Grenadier Restaurant
- We will meet in the parking lot, in front of Grenadier Restaurant. Here's a map for those who are unfamiliar with the area: http://grenadiercafe.com/pdf/map.pdf
- This is a highly interactive event so please bring questions. Due to the large numbers of questions (which are absolutely encouraged), this will likely not be a very long walk in terms of distance.
There will be a waiting list as I appreciate matters come up a couple days ahead of time and cancelling is required.