Learn about the latest research and applications of Deep Learning and Reinforcement Learning in the Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (C/AV) space.
Registration is free and complimentary refreshments including pizza as well as beverages will be provided.
This event will include three presentations, covering a broad spectrum of topics related to C/AV. You are invited to meet with Artificial Intelligence specialists from Gatik AI, Chillwall AI, and Nubonetics.
If you have a venture in the C/AV space, or are planning to launch one, then you do not want to miss this free event at MaRS.
• Gautam Narang (Co-Founder and CEO @ Gatik AI)
• Arjun Narang (Co-Founder and CTO @ Gatik AI)
• Ramya Balasubramaniam (NLP Software Engineer @ Chillwall AI)
• Behzad Samadi (Founder @ Nubonetics)
6:00 PM - 6:15 PM - Registration and Professional Networking
6:15 PM - 6:20 PM - Welcome and Announcements
6:20 PM - 7:05 PM - Presentation - “Self-Driving Vehicles for Urban Logistics"
7:10 PM - 7:50 PM - Presentation - “Berkeley DeepDrive Automotive Perception"
7:55 PM - 8:35 PM - Presentation - “Moving Things with AI"
8:35 PM - 8:45 PM - Professional Networking and Closing
The format of this event will be practitioner-oriented presentations with sufficient time for questions and answers. Attendees will also get the opportunity to network with each other as well as with the host and the participants.
LinkedIn profiles of organizer and participants:
• Vik Pant - https://www.linkedin.com/in/vikpant/
• Gautam Narang - https://www.linkedin.com/in/gautam2410/
• Arjun Narang - https://www.linkedin.com/in/narangarjun/
• Ramya Balasubramaniam - https://www.linkedin.com/in/ramyagirishds/
• Behzad Samadi - https://www.linkedin.com/in/behzadsamadi/
Highlights of Autonomous Vehicles Innovation Network (AVIN) administered by Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) :
• The Autonomous Vehicle Innovation Network (AVIN) builds upon Ontario’s position as a world-leading automotive manufacturing and supply jurisdiction in addition to the large cluster of information and communication technology companies operating in the province.
• Ontario’s high-quality post-secondary institutions, first class talent, innovative small and medium sized enterprises and infrastructure to support entrepreneurship ensures that the province is uniquely-positioned to capture the economic opportunity of the connected and automated vehicle (C/AV) technology space and lead the global mobility evolution.
• Through resources such as research and development (R&D) funding, talent development, technology acceleration, business and technical supports, and demonstration grounds, AVIN provides a competitive advantage to Ontario-based C/AV companies – allowing Ontario to reinforce its position as a North American leader in transformative automotive technologies, as well as transportation and infrastructure systems.
• This initiative capitalizes on the economic potential of C/AVs and is expected to help the province's transportation systems and infrastructure plan for and adapt to this emerging technology.
• AVIN brings together industry, academia, and governments to capitalize on the economic opportunities of Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (C/AV), while supporting the province's transportation systems and infrastructure in adapting to these emerging technologies.
• The Regional Technology Development Sites (RTDS) include the creation of locations that enable Ontario-based small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to develop, prototype, and validate new technologies, access specialized equipment (hardware and software), and obtain business and technical advice.
• Each site supports the development of new technologies and has a unique focus area. MaRS which is the RTDS for Toronto Region focuses on artificial intelligence for connected and autonomous vehicles.
Avin at MaRS: https://www.marsdd.com/service/avin-at-mars/
Apply to AVIN: https://www.marsdd.com/apply/