addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Toronto Bike Meetup Message Board › Requesting donations for the becel ride for heart event please

Requesting donations for the becel ride for heart event please

Lisa
user 30470182
Toronto, ON
Post #: 1
Hi Everyone,

I will be participating in this years becel ride for heart event for the first time. I am fairly new to cycling, but I thought this would give me an opportunity to help raise some awareness for an extremely important cause, as well as encourage me to put some time in on the bike. My Grandfather is a quadruple by-pass surgery survivor, and I know a few others who have encountered strokes, heart valve replacements, or anxiety/stress related heart issues, so this event is also fairly close to my heart.

I decided to aim to complete the 50km ride, aiming to complete it in 2.5hrs or quicker since its not the easiest ride or toughest ride available, but should give me a reasonable amount of time to train for the event.

For those that don’t know too much about the ride, the heart and stroke foundation indicates that every seven minutes in Canada, a life is taken by heart disease or stroke. Donations supplied to this charity…

- Help equip research labs with essential tools used in lifesaving research
- Help fund identification of emerging risk factors for heart disease and stroke
- Help support the delivery of an AED training course to teach life saving skills

I have never been involved in raising money for a cause before, so I am starting my goal at raising $100.00. I believe this with the help of all the other riders out there will help the Heart and Stroke Foundation reach its ultimate goal of eliminating heart disease and stroke. Apparently donations have helped decrease death caused by heart disease and stroke by more than 75% since 1952, which is very promising but I think there is still more we can do.

If you think you can help out with a $5, $10, $20 dollar donation or more, please visit my page below to help contribute to this cause. Every little bit helps! You will be supplied with a receipt for tax purposes.

Lisa’s Page : http://www.kintera.or...­

Thanks in advance to all of you who are able to contribute to this cause, and if you wish to learn more about the event, please visit their website at www.rideforheart.ca.

Best Regards,

Lisa Barber