addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Toronto Bike Meetup Message Board › Bike Insurance?

Bike Insurance?

James
Deaney
Toronto, ON
Post #: 1
Morning All,

Just wondering if anyone has bike insurance at all? and what the costs are?

This normally seems to be covered under home insurance but were yet to take that out.
I've seen/heard good things about TD, All State and State Farm. Some only cover your bike at home, others whether its home or away.

I got my bike from kijiji, I dont have an original receipt for it, its on the Canadian tire website for $279.99 I paid $150, but with no proof of payment I dont think Ill ever have much luck claiming.

Just trying to make it as bullet proof as possible in the streets of TO. I have a Kryptonite series 2 lock and have replaced all quick release skewers with hex skewers.

Bike insurance may be my next step. Just wondering what everyone's experience is.

Thanks!
Donald S.
dfs_toronto
Group Organizer
Toronto, ON
Post #: 85
I have it with my home insurance, but the deductible is something like $100 - $150, so it's not really worth the effort unless you have at least an moderately expensive bike.