addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Toronto Hadoop User Group (THUG) Message Board › Informal Guide for setting up Ambari and HDP 1.2.2 on Amazon EC2 Instances

Informal Guide for setting up Ambari and HDP 1.2.2 on Amazon EC2 Instances

Adam M.
Adam_Muise
Group Organizer
Toronto, ON
Folks,

For those who attended the Install-athon last night, thanks for your patience. I realize that most of you are not AWS, Linux, or System Administration experts. I have made up a guide that is easier to follow on your own. That being said, there are a lot of basic Linux system administration concepts that are key to grasp for those interested in running a cluster but none of them are out of band for traditional system administrators. I will try to be more clear about the prerequisites for the meetup next time.

Note: HDP 1.2.2 was pushed to the online repositories last night as we went through our install. It includes a few significant bug fixes to the Ambari platform that should help smooth the install. Bad timing for the meetup but the blog post and linked instruction set reflect the newest material. I suggest starting with fresh instances and using the guide if you had any issues; this will also ensure that you grab the latest packages from the HDP repository.

Thank you again to Scalar for hosting and feeding us!

Informal Guide for setting up Ambari/HDP1.2.2:

Blog form:
http://hadoopintoront...­

PDF form:
https://dl.dropbox.co...­

Best Regards,

Adam Muise
amuise@hortonworks.com