What we're about
Friendships enrich our lives in significant ways and are increasingly important to our health and happiness as we age. Though, as we grow into through experience, connections may fade away, leaving room for new ones to take place. If you find yourself at a moment of your life where you're looking to create new meaningful connections AND happen to share a profound love and passion for hip hop/neo-soul/rnb music and culture, then you've come to the right place. THHG is a community specifically for women in their 30-40s that are looking to meet like-minded people, be around positive energy and build lasting relationships throughout intimate gatherings in the city of Toronto. Urban art exhibits, live music & concerts, hip hop karaoke, Sunday brunch or a simple get together over drinks & good conversations are amongst the bi-weekly activities that we host.
You are welcomed to visit our INSTAGRAM page @TorontoHipHopGals to see pictures and videos of what we've been up to.
1. Women (only) in their 30-40s, residing in Toronto. Must have knowledge and share passion for hip hop music and culture. Please note: This is not a group for dating or networking purposes. We sincerely apologize in advance to anyone who may not fit into our group restrictions, and we thank you for your understanding.
2. Please have a clear & recent photo of yourself that shows your pretty face, so that we know who to look for when we meet.
3. This group doesn't require anyone to pay membership fees at the moment. But just a friendly reminder that Meetup charges monthly fees to your organizer, and any small contributions from members are always extremely appreciated and helpful - Thank you in advance!!
4. Members must be 100% committed in attending an event when RSVPing a spot. Cancellations can be done up to 24hrs before the event start time. Late cancellation/no show will unfortunately get the member removed from the group. - Let's try to not make this happen alright!! :)
5. Each Meetup event has a limited amount of spots available. How so? The purpose of the group is to create & develop friendships, therefore the focus is on "quality" time rather than "quantity". Also, some venues have restricted capacity/reservation laws. Our Meetups do fill up quickly - BUT - to allow everyone to attend Meetups not just based by first come first serve, there will always be 2-3 spots to give away randomly to the ladies on the waiting list. So this means if an event has reached its maximum capacity, you still have a good chance to get a spot! Please note: The selected members will be contacted a few days prior to the event and must confirm their attendance within the following 24hrs, or unfortunately the spot will be given to someone else. Thank you for your understanding.
Please do not hesitate to contact me (your group organizer) if you have any questions or suggestions. Looking forward to meet all of you!!