addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Try New Things in Toronto! Message Board › RE: Attention SPARTANS!!

RE: Attention SPARTANS!!

A former member
Hey there, Spartans!

It was great seeing everyone on Friday, and we apologize to everyone that couldn't make it to the meeting due to the mix up with the venue.

We are planning on having a second meet up where everyone interested can come together again (with no screw-ups this time) and get serious with our race! So the first course of action...

1) Get back to me and let me know what day and time works for you guys; Friday evening or Saturday evening for our next meet up which will be sometime NEXT Friday, Feb 15th or Saturday, Feb 16th. We are hoping to stick to Pauper's Pub for the venue.

2) It's time for us to get to the drawing board. Start planning out your training for the next 2-3 weeks, and get STARTED ASAP. Training does NOT have to start out intense. Work with wherever you are at right now and build up your training from there. If it means you're starting out by taking a 30-minute walk to the park for the next few days, so be it! Just make sure to get up and DO IT.

3) ****Registration, payment and pricing. Here is the link to the race with the pricing info: http://www.spartanrac...­

If you click the link, you will see that individual registration is currently $80.00 until March 1st, it will increase after that date. Since we are hoping to register in a team of 10+, we can lower our registration price to $72.50 per person.

Apparently it looks like that the group registration for the $72.50 price has to be done all at once. I tried registering by clicking on Teams 10+ option and it wouldn't let me check out until I had added another 9 people.

I emailed Jess Fordham (Customer Service Manager from Spartan Race) with regards to getting a discount code so that we can pay individually but still get the team price. I haven't received a response yet, but if we are not issued a discount code then one person will register the entire team.

So if that is the case, I do not mind registering everyone on my credit card. Now how that will work is everyone will bring their $72.50 in cash to the NEXT meet up date once we have it set, and we will register together that day since the pub has WIFI and I have my handy-dandy portable tablet.

4) *** Registration time, and team name

So the race is divided into chunks of heat waves of when people will be released into the race. The options I'm thinking are 11 am, 12 pm, and 1 pm. Send me your suggestions, and we'll pick majority rules/availability.

Also, any ideas for our team name? Share your ideas and get creative! The only name I came up with was: TNT (get it? ;]  TNT as in dynamite + our meetup group just happens to be the same). Am I the only one that thinks thats ingenious?!!

That is all for now. Let me know what you think, and I hope to hear from you all!

Your friend,

Leila G.