Welcome to the largest & most active Chinese community in the world!
THE TORONTO CHINESE MEETUP GROUP
languages, cultures, social, dining, fun activities, business, networking, peer assistance...
** LEARN & PRACTICE MANDARIN for FREE ** Learn & Practice CANTONESE for FREE **
No requirements on your language ability (either English or Chinese) nor efforts to learn the languages--all we need from you is being friendly^^
No need to be of Chinese origin to join this group--EVERYONE IS WELCOME !!
Scope: Dinning, Socializing & Activities; Festivals & Holiday Celebrations/Parties; Chinese Conversations & Language Exchange; Networking & Business Connections; Chinese & World Cultures; Service to the Chinese & International Communities,... plus
Anything of interests and beneficial to group members: Career & job opportunities, Information sharing, Peer assistance/supports among fellow members... (you name it;)
• We have been building up the Global Chinese Community, which currently consists of 30,000 members around the global & is expanding fast!
* Our global community includes the largest & very active group in China, the largest Hong Kong/Cantonese group in the world, and many others including #1/#2 groups in various cities such as Beijing, Shanghai & Taipei. See bottom of this "About us" page for some of these sister groups around the globe.
The Toronto Chinese Meetup Group (formerly "Toronto Chinese Exchange" aka TCX) is for anyone who speaks or intends to learn/improve Chinese, or would like to meet other fellow Chinese for socializing or seeking/providing assistance. Newcomers and Canadians (of Chinese origin) as well as visitors and international/exchange students are all welcome.
We encourage people to share their connections/resources to facilitate language/culture/service/lead exchange, and appreciate your efforts to advance this group and build a friendly community together.
If you are simply interested in the Chinese culture, foods, or travel, or would like to make some Chinese friends or to develop business connections to China, you are also more than welcome to join our group. You don't need to be an ethnic Chinese to be part of our community.
* By "Chinese Community," we include anyone who is interested in learning or practicing Chinese, either Mandarin or Cantonese.
Get social with other friendly members here and have fun!
1. If you are an English speaker (including Caucasian, CBC/ABC, or any other ethnic backgrounds) and would like to know people who speak Chinese fluently, this is the place for you.
2. If you speak Cantonese and a little bit of Mandarin but would like to practice Mandarin (or vice versa), join our group and participate in events when you feel like it.
3. If you are new to Canada and can speak Mandarin and/or Cantonese, you can meet friends who learn Chinese from you and teach you English in exchange. If you are not new here but simply like to know more fellow Chinese and/or friendly people outside the Chinese community, this is also a good place for you.
4. If you speak French, Japanese, Spanish, Korean, as well as any other languages, you are also very welcome to join our friendly group. You can learn Chinese here, exchange your language with other group members of interests, or simply make friends and learn the respective culture from each other.
5. If you plan to become a Chinese teacher or English teacher, come serve as a teacher here in our meetups. Your contributions will be highly valued and appreciated. You may get students interested in your private tutoring or school as a byproduct;)
You are welcome to use our discussion board to find people who can mutually benefit each other. Feel free to post your needs, your offers for help/jobs, as well as anything promoting
* This is a grass-root social group organized by volunteers as a hobby. If you like to join force and serve as an organizer or volunteer, please contact the Co-Organizer. Welcome to message him if you have any suggestions or concerns.
* We encourage peer assistance as well as participation in the international and mainstream community. Mutual respect is valued and is a necessity to be part of this group. We have 0-tolerance policy for harassment and inappropriate/hostile behaviors.
* We are neutral and not inclined to any particular political parties or organizations/agencies in Canada or anywhere in the world. Radical activities are not supported by this community, and any illegal conducts will be reported to local police force in Toronto or other appropriate Canada authorities/agencies.
* Care about the Chinese community in Toronto, connect and give back to the mainstream society in Canada and the world !!
If you are an ethnic Chinese, convey a message (informally through who you are and discreet conducts/actions): We are Canadian (citizen or resident), we contribute to the society here in Toronto or at a world stage (with what we can plus a lot of good intentions and hard working), we are proud to be an ethnic Chinese, we are your friends, we are and will continue to be valuable assets to Canada. We deserve your respect and we'll do the same for you.
* Toronto Chinese Exchange (TCX) was founded a number years ago with the mandate of
"Exchange of Languages, Cultures, Friendship, Supports, Resources, Connections, Service, Expertise, Info" as well as anything else feasible & beneficial to the community".
The Global Chinese Community
<The Greater Toronto Area> (5,000 members)
Toronto Chinese Community** #2 in the world **
Toronto Hong Kong/Cantonese Community** #1 in the world ! **
Toronto Taiwanese Community ** # 3 in the word **
<The Greater China Area> (20,000 members)
Shanghai Friends: 3,500+ 上海人 & International Friends ** #1 in Shanghai & mainland China **
Beijing Business & Social Network (2,000+ members) *#1 in Beijing*
Taipei Business & Social Network (3,500+ members)*#2 meetup, #1 business group in Taiwan*
..... <more countries/cities to come>
赢在中国 (regarding doing business in China, entrepreneurship principles etc.--nothing political)
Queen Hails Chinese President's Visit to UK
803 Skiers and Snowboarders
2,639 Real Friends
1,857 Taiwanese Culture Enthusiasts