What we're about
What Trail Adventurers Represents
Trail Adventurers Meetup is all about engaging with Nature, being close to Nature and bonding with Nature. Trail Adventurers Meetup is mostly about outdoor activities in the wilderness. Our Activities include:
1. Hiking in tropical jungle trails,
2. Having picnic and fun at waterfalls in the wild,
3. Understanding and appreciating how the natives and people of different culture live,
4. Engaging in adventure caving and other caving (for beginners and seasoned explorers),
5. White water rafting and kayaking/canoeing,
6. Rock and other ‘not-so-extreme’ climbing
7. Camping in the wilderness,
8. Abseiling (dry & wet),
9. Cycling in jungle trails (for beginners to seasoned cyclists) and,
10. Any activities related to and conducted in jungle trails.
Trail Adventurers offers real outdoor activities that promote good health, fitness (mental and physical) and group interaction – meeting of like-mind, appreciation and understanding of Nature. Trying out good & local food, fun, networking and socializing with like mind, in the wilderness, is part and parcel of Trail Adventurers Meetup. Occasionally, we will also meetup and have a drink, in the city, to share the better way forward.
Since Singapore has limited jungle and tropical rainforest to explore and de-stress from our daily work and lives, most of these activities will be done in our friendly neighbor – Malaysia including exotic Borneo.
Who are we?
We are a regular group of hikers who have been hiking in Malaysia for over 10 years. Like most of you, we hold regular jobs in different companies and doing different tasks to earn a living and to enjoy our lives.
There are ample trails waiting to be explored but for Trail Adventurers Meetup, we will only share trails that we have already explored and are familiar with. Occasionally we may post ‘Reece’ trails but these would be limited to seasoned hikers for safety reason.
Who can be a Trail Adventurer?
Anyone with interest to undertake activities related to the great outdoors and love for nature can be a Trail Adventurer. One DOES NOT need to be skilled or seasoned. As long as you are prepared to leave the comfort of your TV couch, get your hands dirty and put some of your adventurous spirit to work, you can be a Trail Adventurer provided of course that you are over 16 years old. There is NO age limits as long as you can walk and are of reasonable fitness.
Trail Adventurers has trails that are fairly easy to hike even for beginners to trails that are recommended only for the seasoned and tested. Almost all of our Meetup will involve varying degree of hiking.
How do we Meetup?
Since most of the trails are in Malaysia/overseas, most of the Meetup will be done at the airport arrival hall where the trail originates unless advised otherwise. Trail Adventurers Meetup for each specific event may also be held at the airport departure hall and designated bus/MRT station.
Members going for specific events may also meetup for a drink to share questions & answers session in agreed venues in Singapore before the trip commences. We will also organize ‘Get-Together’ in Singapore now and then to meet fellow members face-to-face and to share our experiences and plans for the future.
How often is the Meetup?
There are no specific frequencies of Meetup. Different Trail Adventurers Meetup are posted now and then and some maybe posted and repeated over a period of time to allow other members who have not been able to join the earlier group to join. Most of the Organizers are regular working people like you so, the Meetup will only be available as and when these Organizers are available. We target to have Meetup at least twice a month, more if members are responsive.
Why are the Attendees limited?
At Trail Adventurers, SAFETY comes first before everything else. As such, we limit the number of attendees for each Meetup to a maximum of twenty (20) on a first come, first served basis. Our small group allows for better group dynamics and everyone gets to enjoy the meetup.
If the Meetup is well received by the members, we will re-post the same Meetup again and again to allow for those who could not get into the earlier group the opportunity to enjoy.
Why are there no dates set for some of the Meetup?
Meetup with no specific date set are meant to find out the number of members who are interested in such Meetup. Once the number of members indicates interest in such Meetup is fulfilled, specific date and other details will be posted.
The safety of all participants DOES NOT lie solely on the Event Organizer alone. Each and every one is responsible for his/her own safety and the safety of the group. That’s why ‘Group Dynamic’ is important – we are in this together. That said you should refer to the Event Organizer or Co-Host should you need assistance along the trail. The Event Organizer reserves the right to bar ‘non-compliance’ participants from the event without any refund.
Nature does not create trails, waterfalls, caves and the like to be a safety hazards to human. The Organizer, Host and Co-Host did not create the ‘dangerous’ environment. As long as we are aware of the environment we are in and as long as common sense prevails with certain guides from the Host and Co-Host, we should be able to enjoy and co-exist with Nature safely.
The Organizer, Event organizer, Co-Host of Trail Adventurers are not liable for any incidents arising from your participation in any of the Meetup.
Why is there a price for Trail Adventurers’ Meetup?
Trail Adventurers’ Meetup is a social group of like mind - we do not claim to be professional travel/tour organisers, we are NOT commercial in that sense. Trail Adventurers’ Meetup goes to places “less travelled”, in tropical jungle rather than to see historic buildings or shopping.
The price covers the costs of organizing the Meetup - the logistics (transport, guides, permits, taxes, meals, accommodation, home-stay, etc.) so that you can focus on enjoying the trip of bonding with Nature.
What are the costs covered in the prices indicated?
By and large, the prices indicated will cover the following GROUND only costs:
1. Transport pick-up FROM arriving airport to trailhead & accommodation places,
2. Transport pick-up from trailhead / accommodation TO airport send-off,
3. Accommodations on twin sharing or communal or camping as indicated,
4. Meals, drinks, snacks and tit-bits as indicated,
5. Entry fees, village taxes, permits and whatever costs related to entering the trail,
6. Equipment costs where applicable (e.g. rental of tents, bicycles, abseiling gears and other equipment.)
7. Specialized personnel such as guides, instructors, etc. where required,
8. Related organizational expenses.
What are EXCLUDED in the prices?
Typically, the followings are EXCLUDED in the prices:
1. Return airfare / transport from your point of origin (Singapore) to designated Meetup point,
2. Travel insurance (highly recommended),
3. Personal porter
5. Food & drinks not indicated
6. Additional (extended) stay over and above the period indicated,
7. Questions & Answers Meetup in Singapore prior to departure
Every member is strongly encouraged to buy travel insurance for all Trail Adventurers’ Meetup. This is to cover for any unforeseen contingencies in the same way we buy insurance for our lives and properties. With travel insurance, there is no need to buy any more insurance from the airline unless you want to.
Refund will be made to members IF and When the Event Organizer cancelled the event for any reasons.
Members who cancelled his/her participation after making payment for the event have the following options:
1. Get another member to replace his/her place or,
2. Get a ‘Rain-Check’ that allows the member to use the amount paid for subsequent events of the same value.
Important: You are attending the Meetup / event/ hikes at your own risk. The organizer, co-organizers or event host will try his/her best to assist and guide, but is in no way responsible, liable or accountable for any damage, personal injuries, etc. By clicking RSVP “Yes” for an event and/or signing the attendance list and/or making a payment, it is deemed that you have read, agreed and accepted the terms and conditions of the disclaimer.
• By joining the activities, all participants are deemed to have agreed to the terms and conditions contained in this disclaimer, and agreed to exonerate the organisers, the activities' hosts, and any other participants in the trips from any liabilities, claims, including but not limited to liabilities and claims as a result of any injuries or deaths or damages arising thereof.
• The participant acknowledges that this is an adventure trip and that the itinerary serves as a guide only and flexibility may be required. The organisers shall not be held responsible for any changes/cancellations/delays caused by airlines, accidents, strikes, government regulations, weather conditions or natural calamities, etc.
• In case of trips abroad, it shall be the participant's onus to find out and fulfil, in a timely manner, the immigration requirements of the trip destination with regard to his/her own nationality - i.e. visas, permits etc. In the absence of essential documentation, the organisers shall not be liable for the consequences of incomplete trip formalities.
• The participant is advised to have comprehensive travel insurance against medical exigencies, personal accidents, natural calamities, etc. with the appropriate coverage of activities and geographical area.
• The participant understands and agrees that during the course of the trip certain events may occur, including, but not limited to, accident or illness, political instability and the forces of nature. The participant agrees to assume all risks associated with the trip and undertakes to indemnify the organisers and hosts against all claims arising from his/her participation.
• As this is an adventure event, organisers have the right to disallow your participation if you're deem unsuitable for the event/trip or for any other reason whatsoever. When you have confirmed your participation and/or signed the attendance list and/or made a payment, it is deemed that you have read, agreed and accepted the above terms and conditions.
Aspirations from the Chief Organizer
Trail Adventurers hope to provide a wide variety of trails to suit the diverse outdoor interest of its members. Some may prefer plain hiking; others may prefer waterfalls, more physical activities such as caving, white water rafting, trail cycling and abseiling. Then there are those who prefer hikes to understand how the natives live or just to enjoy photographing Mother Nature’s floral and fauna diversity.
We cannot guarantee that all our Meetup will meet everyone’s expectations. We hope fellow Trail Adventurers will provide feedbacks on their likes and preferences so that we can have Meetup that meet members’ aspirations/interest.
Most of all, we expect members, fellow Trail Adventurers, to be mindful of the need to maintain cleanliness and respect Mother Nature. Trail Adventurers’ fundamentals principles are:
1. Leave Nothing behind BUT memories,
2. Shoot anything as long as the shots are done with cameras,
3. Not to destroy any plants unless it is really necessary,
4. Not to deface any part of the trail,
5. Respect the locals and natives who live in the area.
All plastic and inorganic materials that we bring into the jungle MUST be taken out and disposed in proper places outside the jungle. It’s a small way of protecting our environment and the creatures that live in this environment.
Expectations From Members
Trail Adventurers Meetup is BY the members For the members. We are NOT perfect or professional event organizer but we try our best to make the event safe, comfortable and enjoyable.
We expect members participating in the event to follow the instructions from the Event Host/Organizer and help look out for each other. This is to make sure that everyone enjoy and return safely.
We welcome positive suggestions / comments from members so that future events can be improved for the better enjoyment of everyone.
Who can post on Trail Adventurers’ Wall?
To make sure that there are no duplications, over-lapping and to provide a wide variety and quality of trails for fellow members, only the Chief Organizer and/or approved organizers will post the event. The name of the Event Host and Co-Host for that particular event will be indicated in the write-up.
Any member who feels that he/she has a good trail that he/she would like to share with fellow members may post in this Meetup after getting clearance from the Chief Organizer. This is to make sure that we do not get members posting un-related Meetup on our walls.