The air will be crisp and the views beautiful. Life can be a quandary so lets tackle it head on and summit this 14er.
Directions-From Breckenridge, drive 8 miles south on Colorado 9. Turn right (west) on the 850 (Blue Lakes) Road. Drive a few hundred yards and turn right on the 851 (McCullough Gulch) Road. Drive 0.1 mile to the signed trailhead and small parking area. If the trailhead lot is full, cars should park along the 851 road or in the overflow lot, down at the start of the 850 road. PLEASE DO NOT park on the side of the 850 road, in front of homes. The trail starts just above the trailhead, on the 851 road.
Plan-6:00 am meet at Wooly Mammoth Park and Ride
6:15 leave for Trail head
8:00am roll call
Important that all focus on sticking together in groups and do not stray from the trail. Do not wander off the trail nor hike solo. If you are involuntarily far slower than others in the group or if you are feeling like you can go no further then consider taking a break where you are and then wait for others in the group to come back down and go back to the parking lot with them.
I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO OUR GENERAL RULES, PHILOSIPHY AND LIABILITY WAIVER ON THE MAIN PAGE
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY AND BEHAVIOR ON ANY OUTING WITH THE GROUP. PLEASE USE COMMON SENSE
2) Bring extra water, as high elevations dehydrate the body at a faster rate.
3) Arrive early to secure parking, avoid crowds and afternoon thunderstorms. Be mindful of changing weather patterns and leave the summit well before storms develop. Expect cooler temperatures, strong sun and wind in the open tundra. Carry versatile layers with sun, wind and rain protection.
4) Hiking poles are recommended to assist with steep grades and uneven terrain.
5) Please remember that mountain hiking, especially high altitude hiking is going to mean that we will end up spreading out according to our pace and fitness levels. If you do split off ahead from the group, please wait at the summit for most of the members to arrive.
6) IF you run a carpool, or participate in a carpool, please coordinate with each other as to your individual pace!
THE ALES PORTION:)