9:35 AM - Carpool on Waterton canyon. Leaving lot at 9:45 AM
Directions to Waterton canyon: Follow Wadsworth Blvd (Highway 121) south of C470 past Chatfield Reservoir to the Kassler Center, where you will find public parking.
Roxborough is a state park and there is a $7 fee to get in I can get 3 or 4 people in on my car. If we have other drivers with passes, we can try to load into their cars as well. In any case, if you plan on carpooling, please bring a few bucks to chip in for the $7 fee.
Starting elevation: 6,000' aprox
Ending Elevation: 7,160'
Elevation Change: 1,160' aprox
l hiking time: About 4 hours
Round Trip Length: 6.4 miles
THE APRES Hike:
C.B & Pott's or The Rock firewood pizza
(We can decide on the hike, I haven't been to C.B. & Pott's before)
43 West Centennial Blvd | Highlands Ranch, CO 80126
NOTES (PLEASE READ!!):
1) PLEASE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO OUR GENERAL RULES, PHILOSOPHY AND LIABILITY WAIVER ON THE MAIN PAGE
2) ** Be ready for any kind of weather as this is late Fall/early Winter. Lots of layers, jacket, hat, gloves/mittens, etc. **
3) ** I don't anticipate needing snowshoes, but I do recommend some Yaktrax, micro-spikes, etc. as the trail may be snowy and/or icy. **
4) Bring extra water, as high elevations dehydrate the body at a faster rate.
5) Hiking poles would be helpful for some of the steep grades and uneven terrain and possible patches of snow/ice.
6) Please remember that mountain hiking might mean that we end up spreading out according to our pace and fitness levels. If you do split off ahead from the group, please wait at the summit for most of the members to arrive. If you can not complete the hike and need to turn back, please inform your organizer that you are leaving.
7) IF you run a carpool, or participate in a carpool, please coordinate with each other as to your individual pace and meeting back at the parking lot!