What we're about
Trailside honors the legacy of Mike Trygstad who gathered a small group of us together at the Mandolin Cafe in 2011 to create a meetup dedicated to building friendship and community through non-competitive mutual enjoyment of the beautiful outdoors here in the Pacific Northwest.
* We welcome and include people of all ages, gender identities, races, national origins, religions, marital status and abilities.
* Our focus is outdoor activities.
* We have a “no hiker left behind” policy. (or cyclist, walker, paddler skier, snowshoer, etc…)
* We require that all trip leaders and participants adhere to “leave-no-trace” ethics and abide by the regulations created to protect our natural areas, including group size.
* To maintain a safe and comfortable space for all, we do not crosspost events to singles groups.
* You must have a recognizable photo of yourself as your profile photo.
* Everyone must sign up for themselves to ensure that each person attending an event has read the trip description, requirements, has agreed to the disclaimer and can communicate directly with the event host.
* Please set your email update settings to allow "announcements about a meetup I'm going to" so that you can receive messages from the organizer of an event you've RSVPd to or are on the wait list for.
* Two "no shows" or a no show with no response to communication from an event host will get you removed from the group.
We are always looking for Event organizers to provide a wider range of activities for all interests, levels, and schedules. Please contact us to learn how to get started.
We do not charge for membership to this group as we want to keep it accessible to all. It does cost the organizer money to maintain the Meetup group which comes out of her own pocket.
Please help us continue to host events by donating here: https://secure.meetup.com/Trailside-Meetup-Group/contribute/
LEGAL DISCLAIMER AND LIABILITY INFORMATION:
By joining this group, RSVP'ing to and/or attending events hosted by Trailside, you are confirming that you have read, understand and accept the following:
1. Trailside is a private social group not a professional guide service. Our event organizers and hosts are volunteers who function as facilitators only. Reports of trail, weather, snow or water conditions are based on the best available information at the time and are subject to change.
2. I understand that during my participation in any Event or Activity organized by Trailside I may be exposed to risks that include, but are not limited to, the dangers of serious personal injury, property damage, and death (“Injuries and Damages”) and when signing up for and/or attending any Trailside event, attendees and participants are fully responsible for their own health and personal safety and agree to bring/carry the appropriate clothing, gear, food, water and equipment.
3. By joining Trailside as a member I agree to WAIVE, DISCHARGE CLAIMS, AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY Trailside, its Organizers and Event Hosts from any and all liability on account of, or in any way resulting from Injuries and Damages, in any way connected with the Activity, and further agree to HOLD HARMLESS Trailside, its Organizers and Event Hosts from any claims, damages, injuries or losses caused by my negligence while a participant on the Activity. I understand and intend that this assumption of risk and release is binding upon my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, and includes any minors accompanying me on the Activity.
4. Any social events that Trailside may sponsor or host will fall also under the same Disclaimer and Liability guidelines listed above.
We look forward to meeting you and welcome your participation! Thanks for checking us out and we hope to see you on the trail, or snow or water soon!