For the past 25+ years, my family and I have been vacationing in the Bruce Peninsula area. For the past years, my wife and I have been welcoming on our weekend trips (at a modest price) any traveler wanting us to share our love, local knowledge, and experience of the Bruce Peninsula. So much that Google has designated my wife and me *** Expert Google Local Guides *** for the Bruce area. Some of the activities on our weekend road trip are featured in *** Lonely Planet's "Top 25 Things to Do in Canada" ***; what I believe to be Ontario's best-kept secrets are also part of this amazing weekend. My wife and I have been all the more pleased by the outcome of our weekends in the Bruce Peninsula, having witnessed travelers on our trips forge strong new friendships (and even marriage in one case!)
B. TRIP DETAILS
- WHEN: Saturday-Sunday from May 1 to October 1;
- WHO: Anyone who is a member of our Meetup group;
- WHAT: A fun, memorable, and adventurous weekend;
- WHY: Explore MORE of Ontario + meet FUN, likeminded people;
- WHERE: Bruce Peninsula, Tobermory, Georgian Bay, Manitoulin Island;
- COSTS: $325.00 (before June 16); $395 (after June 15).
C. ATTRACTIONS, ACTIVITIES, ETC.
( 1 ) Attractions
- Fanthom 5 National Marine Park sightseeing boat tour (2 shipwrecks);
- Little Cove Provincial Park brief sightseeing stopover;
- Town of Tobermory (<<< DIVING CAPITAL of North America >>>)
- Flower Pot Island drop-off boat tour;
- Flower Pot Island guided tour and sightseeing;
- Georgian Bay boat cruise (a personal favorite)
- Manitoulin Island (<<< Feat. in LONELY PLANET'S Top 25 Things to Do >>>)
- Bridal Veil Falls, #1 attraction of Manitoulin Island (best in May);
- Ten Mile Point Aboriginal Trading Post/Souvenir Boutique Shop;
- Cup & Saucer Hiking and Adventure Trail (After June 15);
- Astronomy at Dark Sky Preserve (<<< NORTHERN LIGHTS in May >>>)
- Bruce Peninsula National Park (<<< UNESCO Site >>>);
- Indian Cove sightseeing;
- Grotto sightseeing.
( 2 ) Activities
- Road Tripping life you've never done before
- Socializing people who like to travel, are fun, and adventurous
- Wildlife viewing: red fox, deer, bald eagle, bears, moose *
- Hiking, walking, sightseeing, bouldering, relaxing
- Swimming, snorkeling
- Astronomy and stargazing
- Eating, drinking, snacking
- Local travel photography
- Shopping, strolling
D. WHAT DOES THE PRICE INCLUDE?
( 1 ) Logistics
- Your own private Google Local Expert Guide;
- All events and activities listed above;
- All access fees for all the above-listed weekend activities;
- Full camping equipment (tents, sleeping bags, chairs, etc. etc. etc.)
- Hiking, snorkeling, wildlife observation + other equipment;
- Round-trip fuel, mileage, parking + vehicle access fees; *
- Fuel, mileage, driver, vehicle; **
* Members are free to use/provide their own transportation;
** We try to accommodate everyone's taste and preference.
( 2 ) Meals
- Saturday evening meal;
- Saturday Fish & Chips OR Sunday morning diner breakfast;
- Healthy snacks, water, and drinks provided throughout the weekend.
- Alcoholic beverages are available throughout the weekend
( 3 ) Anything Else? Of course!
- Professional GoPro footage of your weekend!
- Telescope for astronomy night!
- A Mystery (?) Guest for the weekend!