addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Triangle Anarchist Meetup Group Message Board › Sci-Fi Books Mentioned at January 8th Meetup at Francesca's

Sci-Fi Books Mentioned at January 8th Meetup at Francesca's

A former member
Post #: 15
Hello! I enjoyed meeting or re-meeting everyone today!

I wanted to post a list of the books we talked about if anyone else was interested. They all have some libertarian undertones.

Vernor Vinge-Children of the Sky, A Fire Upon the Deep, A Deepness in the Sky

Neal Stephenson- Snow Crash, Diamond Age, Reamde

J. Neil Schulman- Alongside Night (described as a simple Agorist fantasy :))

J.L. Hilton- Stellarnet Rebel

Darren
mahasamatman
Haw River, NC
Post #: 1,008
I don't know anything about The Rainbow Cadenza, but the Schulman book we were talking about is Alongside Night.

Thanks for posting these!
Tom H.
piperTom
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 27
Thanks for the list Sarah. Also mentioned was Neal Stephenson's Readme
Sara
Zylowen
Durham, NC
Post #: 558
Figures you guys would talk about books on the day I couldn't make it. :p
Darren
mahasamatman
Haw River, NC
Post #: 1,009
Actually, Tom, it's Reamde (using a common transposition error in his title).
A former member
Post #: 16
I don't know anything about The Rainbow Cadenza, but the Schulman book we were talking about is Alongside Night.

Thanks for posting these!

Thanks Darren! I'm glad you remembered! I couldn't, I wrote Schulman down with a question mark and then tried to remember which one!

Also, thanks for remembering Reamde, Tom!