Join us to learn about...
- Durham's first participatory budgeting cycle!
- How residents can help decide how to spend $2.4 million dollars for City capital projects
Tonight's Guest Speaker:
Robin Baker, City of Durham, Budget Engagement Coordinator
Andrew Holland, City of Durham, Budget Engagement Manager
Check it out- http://durhamnc.gov/3747/Participatory-Budgeting
• 5:30-5:45p: Mingle / Chat / Get settled
• 5:45-6:15p: Welcome / Group introductions + Guest Speaker + Q&A
• 6:15-6:30p: Announcements / Project updates
• 6:30-8p: Break into groups & work on projects
- If you're new to Code for Durham, see Dane for a brief orientation.
• 8-8:30p: Share project progress with group
*Attendance implies consent to our Code of Conduct (https://github.com/codeforamerica/codeofconduct).
Highlights / Announcements
What is a hacknight?
This is a weekly project night for technologists, designers, developers, data scientists, map makers, and activists who are working on "civic technology" projects. Consider this to be a study hall or office hours to improve the city.
This night is for those who want to:
* get work done on civic projects
* start a new project, or find one to join
* get feedback from technical, government, or community experts
* learn about tools for local empowerment, open data, smart and open government
Bring your laptop, ideas, projects, maps, data, and questions. Collectively, we will try to answer them.
Have fun. Do good.