Join us to learn about...
A System Level View of Racial Inequities in Durham County
- Including an overview of how policies and institutions have contributed to racial inequities in Durham County across systems
- How the racial arrangement based on power in the US has impacted things like poverty, mortgage denial rates, homeownership, business ownership, and business profits among Durham residents.
Tonight's Guest Speakers:
- Jannah Bierens, Public Health Education Specialist, Durham Co. Dept. of Public Health
- Denver Jameson, Epidemiologist, Durham Co. Dept. of Public Health
Learn more- http://dcopublichealth.org/
• 5:30-5:45p: Mingle / Chat / Get settled
• 5:45-6:15p: Welcome / Group introductions + Guest Speaker + Q&A
• 6:15-6:30p: Announcements / Project updates
• 6:30-8p: Break into groups & work on projects
- If you're new to Code for Durham, see Dane for a brief orientation.
• 8-8:30p: Share project progress with group
*Attendance implies consent to our Code of Conduct (https://github.com/codeforamerica/codeofconduct).
Highlights / Announcements
What is a hacknight?
This is a weekly project night for technologists, designers, developers, data scientists, map makers, and activists who are working on "civic technology" projects. Consider this to be a study hall or office hours to improve the city.
This night is for those who want to:
* get work done on civic projects
* start a new project, or find one to join
* get feedback from technical, government, or community experts
* learn about tools for local empowerment, open data, smart and open government
Bring your laptop, ideas, projects, maps, data, and questions. Collectively, we will try to answer them.
Have fun. Do good.