addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Triangle Area Chinese Language and Culture Meetup Group Message Board › New Event: Day Trip to Bald Head Island

New Event: Day Trip to Bald Head Island

Closed to new replies

A former member
Announcing a new event for The Triangle Area Chinese Language Meetup Group!

What: Day Trip to Bald Head Island

When: Saturday, June 30, 8:00 AM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Event Description: Bald Head Island is a beautiful island off the coast of North Carolina at Southport.

Of all the appealing features that set Bald Head Island apart from the ordinary beach destination, perhaps the most distinctive is its stunning variety of natural environments and the thoughtfully planned neighborhoods that border them.

No cars are allowed on the island and that is the best part. We'll take our bicycles and ride about the island at a leasurily pace.

I have an SUV with a bike carrier that can carry three bikes. I have my own bike so I can take two extra bikes with me and four riders. Others who want to come and have their own bikes can bring them or you can rent them once we get there. If you don't own a bicycle, don't let that stop you, once can be rented by Island Passage near the ferry landing - it's $20 a day (910-457-4944). Don't wait until the last minute to reserve your bike.

The trip there and back is just over two hours (not bad for this kind of outing) and we will spend the day there travelling about the island. Everyone should plan to bring a picnic lunch with them and we can find a nice place to have lunch then continue about our tour of the island. We can find a nice place for dinner on the way back.

The total cost including gas, bike rental(for those who don't own a bike) and ferry rental would be approximately $40.00.
Bald Head Island is a beautiful island off the coast of North Carolina at Southport.

We will meet to carpool at the Lassiter at Six Forks on Six Forks Road.
This is next to the North Hills Malls.

I will send out my cell number to those who RSVP for the trip.

Those who want to meet us there can find directions at:
http://www.baldheadis...­

Learn more here:
http://chinese.meetup...­