addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Triangle Area Chinese Language and Culture Meetup Group Message Board › Local Chinese Program Needs Volunteers

Local Chinese Program Needs Volunteers

A former member
Post #: 107
I am not the contact for the Chinese program. Please contact Carol Jackson at cjacksonorama@gmail.com or 919-445-9248 if you are interested in volunteering for this program.

-------- Original Message --------

I am a parent of a child at Glenwood Elementary School in Chapel Hill, We have a Chinese language immersion program for kids in grades k-5. My son is in 2nd grade. His teacher is trying to find fluent Chinese speakers to come to the classroom to speak Chinese with the children. Right now we have a parent coming in one day a week, but would love to have more help. We could use someone any day from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30.

You can get to Glenwood Elementary School easily from UNC-Chapel Hill. We are off of NC-54 behind Fresh Market.

Half of the children in the program are native Chinese speakers, half are native English speakers. The volunteer would work primarily with the native English speakers.

Could you share my message with your group?

Thanks for any help.
Carol Jackson
919-445-9248