addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Tucson Atheists Message Board › Worst Person of the World Award

Worst Person of the World Award

A former member
Post #: 165
Steve K
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 45
You can still listen to the rant that earned Illinois State Rep. Monique Davis (D - Chicago) the Worst Person of the World Award. It's at ChicagoTribune.com. Listen to it often, it'll keep you frosty.

My favorite line is

"In my opinion, what you have to spew and spread [atheism] is extremely dangerous. It's dangerous! It's dangerous to the progression of this state. And it's dangerous for our children to even know that your philosophy exists!"

I'm guessing the reason she thinks that it's dangerous for children to know about our philosophy is that she's worried about them suffering for all eternity if they find atheism's arguments convincing. To someone who's certain that disbelief results in eternal damnation, atheists who don't keep their mouth's shut are a bigger threat than child molesters or murderers.