Let's continue our ASP.NET Web API discussion.
We covered a lot of ground in the last meeting and we looked at some interesting things including how to leverage the cognitive services on Azure via REST APIs to detect whether fractal images include the Mandelbrot set or not.
This time I'll show how to quickly create a REST API from scratch. We'll leverage Visual Studio to do a lot of the work for us.
In this meeting We'll
- use ASP.NET Core 2.2. to create a Web API from scratch
- use Entity Framework core to add and interact with a database
- use Microsoft's API versioning package
- use Swagger / OpenAPI to document and interact with the API
- look at hosting and deployment options
- deploy the API to Azure in a Docker container
- time permitting we'll look at integration with serverless Azure Functions
I'd like you to come away with a better understanding how to create a Web API from scratch and how to deploy it.
I'd like to thank Bryant and Nate from TEKSystems who will provide our venue along with food and drink. Nate is focused on C# and .NET and will be there to answer any questions on related job opportunities.
Please RSVP so that we know how much food and drink to get.
See you there!
Checkout the list of our sponsors at: