Thanks to everyone who attended last month's meeting - Alicia gave us a great intro to machine learning with her talk on Machine Learning with Survival Analysis.
We'll continue building on the machine learning theme this month where I'll present an introduction to ML.NET -- part of .NET Core 3 which is currently in preview. This is very cool stuff! Also exciting is the future of .NET. See Introducing .NET 5 for more information - https://devblogs.microsoft.com/dotnet/introducing-net-5
- ML.NET is a cross-platform open-source machine learning framework which makes machine learning accessible to .NET developers.
- ML.NET allows .NET developers to develop their own models and infuse custom machine learning into their applications, using .NET, even without prior expertise in developing or tuning machine learning models.
- ML.NET was originally developed in Microsoft Research, and evolved into a significant framework over the last decade and is used across many product groups in Microsoft like Windows, Bing, PowerPoint, Excel and more.
- ML.NET enables machine learning tasks like classification, recommendation, regression, clustering, object detection, and anomoly detection.
- ML.NET can leverage and extend models created in other ML libraries like TensorFlow and ONNX
- ML.NET includes AutoML which can automate the selection of algorithms and provides nice CLI and UI tooling to help
We will look at the transform - build - train/retrain - deploy workflow used to include machine learning in your .NET applications.
Blazor apps are composed of reusable web UI components implemented using C#, HTML, and CSS. Both client and server code is written in C#, allowing you to share code and libraries. This will be a good topic for a future talk.
We'd like to thank Nate and TEKSystems who will provide our venue along with food and drink. Nate is focused on C# and .NET and will be there to answer any questions on related job opportunities.
Please RSVP so that we know how much food and drink to get.
See you there!
Check out the list of our sponsors at: https://www.meetup.com/Tucson-NET-User-Group/sponsors