This Meetup was canceled.
This is a family event! I've been to past ones and they always have so many fun activities for everyone to check out!
There are FREE great classes to sign up for so if you are interested, look up the links below! I count on being there on Sun Feb 2, let's meet at 11a outside the Warming House at White Bear Center for the Arts, 4971 Long Ave.
Art Shanty Projects 2014 moves to White Bear Lake. A temporary art town on ice, the fish-house sized shanties each have a theme and offer opportunities for the public to play along. Previous years have seen dance shanties, giant robots, and funky pedal contraptions. This year WBCA offers Art Shanty inspired classes, workshops, and lectures. Venture out onto the ice every Saturday and Sunday afternoon this February to see what it’s all about.
Hours: 10 am – 4 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
Warming House at White Bear Center for the Arts (4971 Long Avenue) Open February 1 & 2, 8 & 9, 15 & 16, 3:00-5:00 PM
The frozen surface of White Bear Lake will act as host and backdrop to a wide range of actions, interventions, happenings, stories, songs, games and more.
Leading up to the project the White Bear Lake Center for the Arts is hosting some great classes!
More info on these classes can be found here (http://whitebeararts.org/?201400046).
Saturday, January 11
Make Mini Art Shanties (http://whitebeararts.org/?2014020461678) Sculpting with Ice (http://whitebeararts.org/?2014020461496)
Saturday & Sunday, January 11 & 12
Public Puppet Workshop (http://whitebeararts.org/?2014020461668)
Sunday, January 12
Art Shanty Sparkle Parade Head Wear
Monday, January 13
Inside an Explorer’s Mind: (http://whitebeararts.org/?2014020461669)
Survival, Innovation, and Design with Will Steger (http://whitebeararts.org/?2014020461669)
Sunday, January 19
Wookie Hat Making (http://whitebeararts.org/?2014020461670)
Monday, January 27
Maidens, and Flutes, and Bears, Oh, My! (http://whitebeararts.org/?2014020461671)
The White Bear Legend Examined (http://whitebeararts.org/?2014020461671)
Saturday, February 1
Sparkle Parade (http://whitebeararts.org/?2014020461672)
Sunday, February 2
Polar Bears! (http://whitebeararts.org/?2014020461673)
Once you RSVP yes and your spot is confirmed, please send me a text: Attendee's First & LastName/Cell #/Event/Event Date. On event day, please meet at 11a outside the Warming House. I'll have a TCAS Signage up. I usually support their Hot Dog/Hot Choc stand as the money goes to helping Starving Artists. Please reach me on this webpage or my google cell:[masked] if you have any questions. Otherwise, see you soon! Regards, Audrey!
TCAS House Rules, Terms and Conditions
1. In accordance with TCAS Hosting Guidelines, if you've been marked as a ‘No Show' at one of TCAS previous events your subsequent RSVP will be removed. A total of 3 irresponsible RSVPs for three different events will get your membership removed. Respectfully, everyone deserves the right to enjoy the event and our time together with members able to attend and not be overly concerned with those who cannot, yet continue to hog the spots.
2. Please be responsible and respectful in updating your RSVP. Do not hog the spot(s). Try to update your RSVP at least 2 days before an event to allow others a chance to pick up your open spot(s). If an event has a waitlist, go ahead and sign up. Life is unpredictable so spots do open up before the event. We always try to accommodate as many as possible
3. TCAS is not-for-profit hence there is a NO REFUND policy once you have placed any deposit or paid in full, decide not to show up, and/or cancel with or without notice.
4. You are at liberty to "transfer" your spot(s) to another TCAS member(s) to get back money you have paid reimbursed directly from them, but must inform us to update your RSVP for you before the event. If you have paid directly to the service providers/event organizers with their own policy guidelines, you have to take it up with them.
5. TCAS adventure events are mostly for legal age of 21 and above unless otherwise specified. We do continuously strive to organize many family-oriented events, and free, low-cost events to cater to our very diversified group. We always welcome any members' fresh ideas, contributions, proposals and to join in our Organizing Team as events organizers or co-hosts.
6. With participation, it is implied and agreed by that all attendees exercise public and personal safety and accept full personal responsibility for their actions and consequences. Do NOT drink and drive. Always stay alert and engaged before, during and after your event(s). Hang loose and enjoy the experience and happy memories!
7. For easy reference and allergen alert, please tag all food and/or drinks you bring to share at Potlucks and events, unless they are served in their original packaging or manufacturer's label.
8. Organizers and Co-Organizers have to notify final attendees with actual service provider's venue, address and reachable telephone numbers if not already on the website, no later than the day before the event. Attendees are responsible to text their reachable telephone number for immediate contact, especially in extreme weather conditions or Act of God.
9. TCAS Organizer and/or Co-organizers reserve the final rights to turn down or ban members/attendees displaying potential discord, accentuating trouble or disharmony in our group or attempt to get us on the wrong side of the law.
10. Please direct any issues, feedback or any problems to the TCAS Organizer via this webmail, or leave a message on google cell:[masked]. Thank you.