Note: This meetup was previously going to be at Custer State Park but we decided to change the location to Blue Mounds as it's closer and has more top-rope routes available.
Information About Blue Mounds State Park
• Located in the southwest corner of the state, it's approximately a 3.5 hour drive from Minneapolis
• Blue Mounds consists of native tallgrass prairie and quartzite cliffs that rise 100 feet above the plains
• Bison roam the prairie!
Climbing at Blue Mounds State Park
• There are trad and top-roping routes. We will be setting exclusively top-roping routes.
• Click here to explore some of the climbing routes available
Getting To and Camping at Blue Mounds State Park
• We will need to reserve individual camp sites. I will wait to reserve mine until a few people have RSVPed, at which time I'd be happy to try to reserve a number of campsites near each other and people can pay me back for the reservation fee ($8.50).
• A few of us will be leaving the Minneapolis area after work on Friday and will arrive at our campsites around 9pm. We will leave Sunday afternoon at the campsite check-out time, which is at 4pm.
• If you can't make it on Friday, you'd be more than welcome to join us for any time throughout the weekend!
• Climbing harness
• Climbing shoes
• Helmet (highly recommended)
• Camping gear
If you have ropes and equipment and can set routes, please let us know!
Please comment if you can host a carpool or if you need a ride and where you're located.