addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Twin Cities Social Cycling Message Board › Early Saturday or Sunday ride?

Early Saturday or Sunday ride?

JR
JRnotEwing
Anoka, MN
Hey all,

There are no rides planned for this weekend and that's just wrong! Problem for me is I have kid obligations. But I'm an early riser by nature and they like to sleep in. Anyone up for an early ride? Feet up at 7. (That's sleeping in for me) SO I can be home to make them waffles at 10 when they wake up. I'm open to anywhere (Okay , maybe not Cannon Falls ;) This is not an event yet, just a discussion on the message board. Reply to the discussion and I'll create an event that works. Let's get some miles in before the heat and schedule a nap for the afternoon :)

JR
Jim K.
user 12770335
Osseo, MN
Post #: 7
Most Saturdays I would be all over this (an early morning ride), but this Saturday I'm booked solid. Sunday is a possibility.....

If there was a regular "sunrise" ride on either Saturday or Sunday mornings, I would definitely sign-up!

Jim
Erika J.
user 8744572
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 9
I would be game for a Sunday ride.

I must warn you though that I am a "back of the pack" type of rider as I started my season late and still haven't built up my speed. That said we could at least start out together and if you (or others) take off no big deal. Or perhaps you'd want to go my pace ~10-12mph.

I recently did the ride from Wayzata to St Boni.... The Dakota Rail Trail (www.dakotarailtrail.com). It was a great ride. Its 13miles out, so round trip is 26 miles. To put my pace in perspective I did this in about 2hr 15min; maybe a bit more cause I did take one break at the turn around.

I'd also be game for meeting at the trail that is in Mendota/Eagan that runs along the river (Big Rivers Regional Trail). From it I believe you can hook onto a few other trails. I haven't been on this trail but am open for something new.

Let me know
Erika
cinzia
user 5228494
Irvine, CA
Post #: 6
Depending on location I would be interested in joining sometime, just not this weekend as I will be out of town. Minnehaha Falls, Phalen Park (Gateway trail), Along the river (Longfellow area), Summit Ave, are all potentially good options for me.
~c
A former member
Post #: 5
would be up for a ride in the NW metro
Jim K.
user 12770335
Osseo, MN
Post #: 8
The more I think about this the more I like it.

Is there anyone that would like to do a regular 7:00 Saturday morning ride, say once around Elm Creek? Sure, it's close to me, but maybe there are others nearby.....

Jim

tamsie
user 12492100
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 5
I could do an early Saturday ride. Sunday AM I'll be at work.
Kathy
Kajero
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
I could do an early Saturday morning ride. I'll be busy on Sunday. But what speed are you going to go at? I can pretty much keep up 12-15 miles per hour if there are no hills. Those dang hills slow me down. Once I get up the hill I'm good to go again. Of course, if there is down hill . . . WHEEE!!!
A former member
Post #: 3
I could do early Sunday. Usually Saturday works better, but I am just coming back from Houston, so Sunday would work great this week.