addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Twin Cities area Unitarian Universalists Message Board › UU Career/Business/Professional Networking?

UU Career/Business/Professional Networking?

This message board is read-only.

Mariah
MariahSheehy
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 2
Hello folks- belated Happy Spring Equinox, and early Happy Passover & Easter to all who celebrate them.
I've been looking for work (with living wage/benefits) on and off for years and I'm sure many of you are or have been recently in the same boat. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting together for informal networking? I would like to extend this to anyone of working age, whether employed or not, whether you are looking for work or looking to hire, or want to find customers/referrals/partners for your business/organization.

My own church, Unity-Unitarian used to have a "Career Transition" group but I would like to branch out rather than just re-inventing the wheel at Unity. As far as meeting places, my criteria are that it's accessible by bus (& handicap accessible) and does not require spending money. I'm open to most times/days. My own specialty is non-profit fundraising research & market research, but I am always looking to broaden and deepen my skills and ultimately I just need a paycheck!
Kathy A
user 8254079
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 14
Great idea! Why not "suggest" an event at a particular day/time, at a place that meets your criteria, and see who might be interested?