It is our desire to develop a community of like-minded people spanning the disciplines of Entrepreneurship, Business, Design, Development, Marketing, and Account Management, or simply a desire to better understand WordPress and how it continues to influence the digital landscape.
We will hold monthly Meetups to present on topics focused on the aforementioned disciplines, as well as other topics defined or desired by our community.
The Meetups will be a platform for subject matter “experts & enthusiasts” to share their knowledge, as well as a gathering of those who wish to learn from these “experts”. Our intention is to line up presentations covering topics of interest, as well as inspiring participants to present topics of their own interest/expertise.
As a matter of formality and consistency we have adopted, and will adhere to the Five Good Faith Rules of WordPress Meetups. In doing so we are aligning ourselves with a broader community and unifying ourselves with the ethos of the WordPress community as a whole.
For those of you unfamiliar, and those who are, we will read and agree, collectively, each week to abide by the following Good Faith Rules so that we all are in agreement as to why we are here, and what is expected of you, as well as us, the organizers.
The Five Good Faith Rules
1) WordPress Meetups are for the benefit of the WordPress community as a whole, not specific businesses or individuals. All actions taken as an event organizer are with the best interest of the community in mind.
2) Membership in the local meetup group is open to all who wish to join, regardless of ability, skill, financial status or any other criteria (such as race, gender, sexuality, religion).
3) Meetups are volunteer-run with volunteer speakers. In cases where a modest attendance fee might be necessary, this fee should only cover the costs of the meetup and shouldn’t be used to pay speakers or organizers.
4) Meetup groups allow events to be organized by any reliable/trusted member of the community.
5) Meetups are welcoming places where everyone works to foster an accepting environment which is free of discrimination, incitement to violence, promotion of hate, and general jerk-like behavior.