We're going on a day trip to Portsmouth.
Portsmouth is the UK's only island city, and is the only city in the UK with a greater population density than London. As a significant naval port for centuries, Portsmouth has the world's oldest dry dock and is home to some famous ships, including HMS Warrior, the Mary Rose, and Lord Nelson's flagship HMS Victory (the world's oldest naval ship still in commission). The naval base remains a major dockyard with the headquarters of the Royal Marine Commandos. There is also a thriving commercial cruise ship and ferry port serving destinations on the continent for freight and passenger traffic.
We'll see many sights in the city and along the island's coast, including the historic shipyard, the Spinnaker Tower which is 170 metres high and has a glass panel in the floor for amazing views, the beaches and piers, the sea forts that surround Portsmouth to protect from French invasion, the birthplace of Charles Dickens, the Blue Reef Aquarium, and more.
We're going by coach, leaving from near Hammersmith station, and places are limited. It's £35 each for the well-organised trip including your 2-way coach travel and the guided tour of Portsmouth and hike along the coast, and when you RSVP for this event you will need to pay online.
- Bank card (when it says “Choose a way to pay”, click on "Pay with debit or credit card").
- PayPal (free to send money from your bank account or credit/debit card).
- You can ask your friends or family to pay for you online.
- Bank transfer (message us to arrange this).
- Cash at one of our weekly events (message us to arrange this).
If you have any questions or need help with your payment then post a comment on this event page and we can help you in your native language.
SPINNAKER TOWER COST:
Going up the Spinnaker Tower costs £11.50. Bring exact cash with you and we'll collect it in the morning.
# 8.15am - We're meeting outside the Eventim Apollo building. The address is: 45 Queen Caroline St, Hammersmith, London, W6 9QH. It's just outside Hammersmith tube station. Here's a map: http://goo.gl/maps/tEk28 . You should arrive early here so we can check you off the guest list, and you have time to get a coffee, use the toilets, meet everyone, and board the coach before it leaves.
# 8.40am - Coach departs.
# 10.45am - When we arrive in Portsmouth we'll explore the historic battleships in the naval dock yard, go up to the top of the Spinnaker Tower to see the spectacular views and walk on the glass floor, take a short break to get some lunch, then we'll go on our guided tour of Portsmouth and hike along the coast where we'll see more historic sights.
# 5.30pm - Meet outside the City Museum, on Museum Road. Here's a map: http://goo.gl/maps/stBRY . This is where the coach will pick us up from. Please arrive here early so you have time to find it and board the coach before it leaves.
# 5.45pm Coach departs.
# 8pm - We'll arrive back in London near Piccadilly Circus. Then we'll go for food and drinks nearby. Bring your government photo ID for entry into the venue.
- This is an informal trip and you are free to go wherever you want. Just ensure that in the afternoon you arrive early to our meeting point to get the coach back to London.
- You are responsible for your personal safety and your belongings at all times.
- Details of our trip may be changed at any time to ensure that it runs smoothly, so check this event description and the comments below regularly, before and during the trip.
- You should buy your own travel insurance.
- There are no refunds unless we cancel the trip, and places are non-transferable.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
By purchasing a place on this trip and/or attending, you and each of your guests, as applicable, confirm that you have read and agreed to our Terms & Conditions. Click here to read these: https://goo.gl/6XZBhv
BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW:
Come with us as we go on another grand day out. It’s your chance to get out of London, enjoy a well-deserved break, discover this new place, see the famous and historic sights, try some local foods, take photos of your experiences, meet lots of wonderful guys and girls 18-40, and make some good friends. Book your place now to join us on a fantastic day out! :)