We're going on a day trip to the city of Bath and the Roman Baths.
The city of Bath is one of England’s tourist gems and a World Heritage Site. It has some of the finest architectural sights in Europe, most notably the famous Roman Baths and the ancient thermal springs. It is the finest religious spa in Northern Europe, built 2000 years ago around the country’s only hot springs. The Roman bathing establishment with its magnificent Temple and Baths flourished in Aquae Sulis between the first and fifth centuries AD and the extensive remains still flow with natural hot water. The Roman Baths themselves are below the modern street level. There are four main features: the Sacred Spring, the Roman Temple, the Roman Bath House and the Museum.
We're going by coach, leaving from near Hammersmith station, and places are limited. It's £33 each for the well-organised trip, 2-way coach travel, payment fees, guided tour of the city, and a chance to make lots of good friends. When you RSVP for this event you will need to pay online as we need to book the coach in advance and need to manage numbers.
- Bank card (when it says “Choose a way to pay”, click on "Pay with debit or credit card").
- PayPal (free to send money from your bank account or credit/debit card).
- You can ask your friends or family to pay for you online.
- Bank transfer from a UK account (message us to arrange this).
- Cash at one of our weekly events (message us to arrange this).
If you have any questions or need help with your payment then post a comment on this event page and we can help you in your native language.
ROMAN BATHS ENTRANCE COST:
Visiting the Roman Baths costs £16 with our group discount. Bring exact cash and we'll collect it in the morning.
# 8.15am - We're meeting outside the Eventim Apollo building. The address is: 45 Queen Caroline St, Hammersmith, London, W6 9QH. It's just outside Hammersmith tube station. Here's a map: http://goo.gl/maps/tEk28 . You should arrive early here so we can check you off the guest list, and you have time to get a coffee, use the toilets, meet everyone, and board the coach before it leaves.
# 8.40am - Coach departs.
# 11.15am - When we arrive in Bath we'll have our guided tour of the city.
# 1.15pm - We'll have a lunch break.
# 2pm - We'll visit the Roman Baths.
# 3.30pm - Then in the afternoon you can explore some interesting attractions, museums and places, try some local foods, and buy some souvenirs.
# 4.55pm - Meet outside Hilton Bath City hotel. Address: 29 Walcot Street, Bath, BA1 5BN . Here's a map: https://goo.gl/maps/ua7DHKs5Y722 . This is where the coach will pick us up from. Please arrive here early so you have time to find it and board the coach before it leaves.
# 5.15pm Coach departs.
# 7.45pm - We'll arrive back in London near Piccadilly Circus. Then we'll go for food and drinks nearby. Bring your government photo ID for entry into the venue.
- This is an informal trip and you are free to go wherever you want. Just ensure that in the afternoon you arrive early to our meeting point to get the coach back to London.
- You are responsible for your personal safety and your belongings at all times.
- Details of our trip may be changed at any time to ensure that it runs smoothly, so check this event description and the comments below regularly, before and during the trip.
- You should buy your own travel insurance.
- There are no refunds unless we cancel the trip, and places are non-transferable.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
By purchasing a place on this trip and/or attending, you and each of your guests, as applicable, confirm that you have read and agreed to our Terms & Conditions. Click here to read these: https://goo.gl/6XZBhv
BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW:
Come with us as we go on another grand day out. It’s your chance to get out of London, enjoy a well-deserved break, discover this new place, see the famous and historic sights, try some local foods, take photos of your experiences, meet lots of wonderful guys and girls 18-40, and make some good friends. Book your place now to join us on a fantastic day out! :)