We're going on a day trip to Bristol.
Bristol has grown wealthy through its harbour since the Roman era, and it was the starting place for voyages of exploration to the New World, and later the principal British port for trade with the American colonies and the West Indies. There's much to see in Bristol including its iconic suspension bridge, Bristol Harbour which contains The Matthew which was the ship that discovered north America and SS Great Britain which was the longest passenger ship in the world, one of Europe’s leading interactive science centres, the network of city museums, one of the top universities in the UK, works by famous graffiti artist Banksy, and more.
We'll have an all day city hike and guided tour covering Bristol inventors, traders, explorers, merchants, and pirates.
We're going by coach, from near Hammersmith station, and places are limited. It's £35 each for the well-organised trip, 2-way coach travel, payment fees, city hike and guided tour of Bristol, and a chance to make lots of good friends. When you RSVP for this event you will need to pay online as we need to book the coach in advance and need to manage numbers.
- Bank card (when it says “Choose a way to pay”, click on "Pay with debit or credit card").
- PayPal (free to send money from your bank account or credit/debit card).
- You can ask your friends or family to pay for you online.
- Bank transfer from a UK account (message us to arrange this).
- Cash at one of our weekly events (message us to arrange this).
If you have any questions or need help with your payment then post a comment on this event page and we can help you in your native language.
# 8.15am - We're meeting outside the Eventim Apollo building. The address is: 45 Queen Caroline St, Hammersmith, London, W6 9QH. It's just outside Hammersmith tube station. Here's a map: http://goo.gl/maps/tEk28 . You should arrive early here so we can check you off the guest list, and you have time to get a coffee, use the toilets, meet everyone, and board the coach before it leaves.
# 8.40am - Coach departs.
# 11.15am - We'll arrive in Bristol, and we'll start our city hike & guided tour.
# 1.30pm - Lunch break.
# 2.15pm - We'll continue our city hike & guided tour.
# 4.50pm - Meet outside the Bristol Hippodrome theatre, St Augustine's Parade, Bristol BS1 4UZ. Map: https://goo.gl/maps/Wfwq3DWcCLP2
# 5.05pm - Coach departs.
# 7.45pm - We'll arrive back in London near Piccadilly Circus. Then we'll go for food and drinks nearby. Bring your government photo ID for entry into the venue.
- This is an informal trip and you are free to go wherever you want. Just ensure that in the afternoon you arrive early to our meeting point to get the coach back to London.
- You are responsible for your personal safety and your belongings at all times.
- Details of our trip may be changed at any time to ensure that it runs smoothly, so check this event description and the comments below regularly, before and during the trip.
- You should buy your own travel insurance.
- There are no refunds unless we cancel the trip, and places are non-transferable.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
By purchasing a place on this trip and/or attending, you and each of your guests, as applicable, confirm that you have read and agreed to our Terms & Conditions. Click here to read these: https://goo.gl/6XZBhv
BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW:
Come with us as we go on another grand day out. It’s your chance to get out of London, enjoy a well-deserved break, discover new places, see famous and historic sights, try some local foods, take photos of your experience, meet lots of wonderful guys and girls 18-40, and make some good friends. Book your place now to join us on this fantastic day out! :)