With Chakib Labidi and guest presenter Bradley
This workshop will be of great benefit to those looking to design smart device products and their interfaces (smart lights, fans, speakers, apps etc). Learn how to prototype smart device experiences more easily and effectively, something most designers have been struggling with as it requires knowledge and skills in engineering and electronics.
During the first part, the founder of UX Playground Chakib Labidi will present examples that show how to translate scenarios into an app prototype which is capable of controlling smart device prototypes remotely.
In the second half, Bradley Gabr-Ryn will be running a hands-on workshop in Adobe XD for Beginners. Adobe XD is one of the tools of the framework presented. Together, we’ll design, test, and share an interactive prototype of a smart device app in XD.
By the end of the session, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the tools and techniques needed to build and control a physical object via an app.
- Use product design principles to build and test basic smart device prototypes.
- Design, test and share prototypes using Adobe XD.
- Make new friends and take home valuable learnings that will help you in your IoT projects.
The Xd workshop is aimed at XD-beginners, but all are welcome to attend.
Please note, for the Introduction to XD you’ll need to bring:
- A fully charged laptop (limited electrical sockets available)
- Copy of Adobe Xd (free version available http://bit.ly/FreeXd)
- Cable to connect your phone to your laptop.
Bradley is the owner and design director at Caus - a product design studio in London. Working with some of the world’s smartest startups, Bradley has played an integral role in creating over 50 products, taking them from conception to launch.
You can catch him on Twitter @TryBradley (edited)
Who is this workshop for?
This event is for designers, developers, product managers and everyone interested in creating and prototype great IoT product experiences. No prior knowledge of the topic is required, just attend and enjoy.
Let’s get together to collaborate, invent and create products that people will love.
I look forward to another UX Playground event and hope you will be joining us.