Come join us for an evening talk on - Scaling with Ephermal Pipelines and Using CI/CD for Data Science. This event is catered.
• 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM - Registration & Networking over snacks and pop
• 6:00 - 6:45 PM - Speaker 1 - Adriana Villela- DevOps Practice Lead, Bernard Otu - Consultant and DevOps architect at BMO.
Topic - Scaling with Ephemeral Pipelines
Content - The presentation will be focused on Ephemeral Pipelines, and how they help solve the Enterprise DevOps problem in a project-centric world. Adriana and Bernard will share their approach (and ah-ha moments) of how they adapted it along the way as they responded to the reality of their culture and change readiness.
• 7:00 - 7:45 PM - Speaker 2 - Devang Swami , BI developer at CGI.
Topic - Using CI/CD for Data Science
Content - The talk will begin with an introduction to CI/CD, followed by Data Science process: CRISP-DM (Cross Industry Standard Process for Data Mining) + automating CRISP-DM workflow along with best practices and then present a Demo (if time permits; run a small pipeline using TTC Transit real-time data)
• 7:45 - 8:00 PM - Networking and Wrap-up
About our presenters -
• Adriana is currently working as DevOps Practice Lead, helping shape the organization’s DevOps vision and scaling the practice across one of Canada's largest and oldest banks. She is the Co-creator of Ephemeral delivery pipelines and innovative methodologies such as Enterprise release forking as an answer to enterprise release trains and the nightmare of multi-release branches.
• Bernard is currently working as Consultant and DevOps architect and developer for Ephemeral Evolutionary delivery pipelines.
Bernard believes in tool agnostic delivery pipelines as the means for enterprises to evolve delivery legacy workloads while enabling them to adopt cloud capabilities.
• Devang started his corporate career in March, 2019. He holds two masters degree one in Computer Science and the other in Applied Modelling and has 3 published research works with 9 citations.
He has been using CI/CD for his Masters Research on Big Data and cloud computing. He has been using Apache Jenkins to automate the process of orchestration on Dockers on Kubernetes cluster to perform things uninterruptedly.