Welcome to the first UmeJUG of 2016!
We will be doing a remote talk with Adam Bien. Adam is a Java Champion (http://java.net/website/java-champions/bios.html#Bien) and Rock Star (http://www.oracle.com/javaone/rock-stars/index.html#abien) and have written several books on JEE (http://about.adam-bien.com/). He is also organizing the popular Java related workshops Airhacks (http://airhacks.com/) which several Umeå developers has attended.
Adam will try to answer these questions and more:
- What do you think a typical web application should look like? How should it be built?
- When using REST, which level of REST is appropriate when, is HATEOAS something to strive for, how to implement it?
- Which patterns do you recommend, hexagonal architecture, layers, ...?
- What do you think of the DDD strategic and tactical patterns?
- Microservices vs right-sized services, is transactions over several services always a bad idea?
- When use JSF? Is it still useful?