What we're about
Hello, Ciao, Welcome & Benvenuti, nel nostro gruppo! This meet up is designed for all who want to share and learn interesting facts about the Italian language and culture.
Although our group was originally established in Troy, it has expanded and grown over the past couple of years. We now have meetups all over Metro Detroit, so there is sure to be something that is convenient to you!
Each meetup is different, based on the host that is leading the group. We may select materials in advance or ask members to bring something to share with the group, such poetry, music, or a grammar lesson.
Members are encouraged to take some type of formal study on their own (community college, private or internet course) and supplement by attending our group events.
We practice conversation, story reading, storytelling and other topics, based on the participants interest and proficiency level. We also encourage members to share their ideas for future meetings and events, and to host, whenever possible.
The top 10 reasons to learn Italian:
1) Because it sounds so beautiful.
2) Because it's fun.
3) It makes Italian food taste even better.
4) You'll fit in when you take your vacation to Italy.
5) Because it makes Italian wine taste even better.
6) Classmates can become good friends.
7) Keeping an active mind wards off Alzheimer.
8) Because it makes Italian beer even taste better.
9) Because it makes Italian music sound... ancora piu bella, also enhancing the diction and understanding of Italian opera
10)... e... soprattutto... perche' la dolce lingua italiana e' la lingua dell'amore!
Ciao, Thanks (Grazie), Vi Aspettiamo!