addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Houston Unity Group Message Board › AssetPostprocessor

AssetPostprocessor

Brandon C.
user 13012027
Houston, TX
Post #: 5
So, I have started making a AssetPostprocessor script that I plan on selling in the asset store for really cheep. I want it to be a good guide for other to learn who to use AssetPostprocessor scripts. They can be used on audio, images, models, and more and can be executed before or after an asset processes. They can also be assigned an priority to execute. I use these scripts to automate everything i do.

So my first pass on commenting the script is done. My next step is to create an empty project and start putting together a scene with assets to demo the script which will then all be bundled and sold as a "complete working example"

If anyone would like a free copy of this first pass to review and provide me feed back feel free to e-mail me at zergcow@gmail.com and I will give you a free copy to review and use. I just need feedback on what I can do to make it easier to understand ect. I still have a lot of spell checking to do on it as well but I will do that last.

currently it is based on and tested in maya. I would like to get help from you guys to test it with Cinima4D, 3dsmax, maya, blender, milkshape, and any other tools you guys use to create your assets.

SO just e-mail me at zergcow@gmail.com to get your free copy! But I expect feedback. And Robert, I wouldn't mind explaining this script and the concepts behind it at the next meetup.
terry
whole_bit
Sun Valley, CA
Post #: 25
Yaaaaay! I know this was probably not that easy to program so I want to be first to say THANKS for cooking this up! I know lot of Maya users who would probably chops limbs to get this one but I think it would be more fair if there were a version for Blender users as it is free to download. Primarily I use Lightwave myself. Nevertheless, I'd love to help design the GUI as it's important to be able to be user friendlybiggrin. Also have some features I might wanna add!

Terry