You're proud of the content you create. But has it been protected?
Join Upward Citizens start@Carmody for a workshop centered on the legal aspects of freelance graphic design and illustration work, and will focus on such topics as:
- When and how should an artist go about starting a small business? Where do we even begin to file the correct paperwork?
- What are the pros and cons of selling your art online with vendors like Storenvy or Society6? What about selling your art and items at conventions or other events?
- How can you protect your artwork in the age of digital piracy, screenshots and ripoffs? What actions can you take should you find out your work has been stolen or misused?
- What is some advice when drafting up contracts especially if you plan to work on a Kickstarter project?
- What are the pros and cons of selling your work to stock image sites like Adobe Stock or iStock? What is the deal with royalties?
- Are sites like Patreon a viable source of extra income, or is it not worth it when you consider the fees associated with having a tax ID and trying to do things above-board?
***Your ticket includes soft drinks, coffee & beer! Be sure to RSVP in advance at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/workshop-legal-protection-for-freelancers-tickets-62863600722
ABOUT THE LEGAL EXPERTS:
Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP is a Connecticut-based law firm serving a wide range of businesses and individuals. With more than 75 attorneys and offices throughout the state, we practice in nearly 30 specific areas of law, with each lawyer skilled in multiple related areas of practice.
start@Carmody is a team of Carmody lawyers dedicated to serving the needs of start-up and emerging companies at every stage of growth. We offer comprehensive legal services to protect your idea, get it to market and beyond. We represent start-ups from a wide range of industries, including technology and service-based innovators. We take a staged approach to delivering our services within your timeline and with financial arrangements that work for you. We believe that our success depends on your success. Visit the team in our space at Upward Hartford or at our other offices in New Haven, Stamford, Waterbury, Litchfield and Southbury.