Welcome summer and almost Midsummer Night with a forest therapy walk. Come join us to connect your senses to this magical time in the cycle of the year. A tea ceremony and light snacks will be provided at the end of the walk.
Also known as "forest bathing" and "shinrin yoku", Forest therapy enhances well-being through gentle immersion in forests and other natural environments. It is a way to connect with nature, yet it is more than that. It is a way to awaken deep and nourishing parts of oneself that often don't receive a lot of attention in our fast paced, technology-driven lives. It is not a science-oriented naturalist activity or an athletic activity, but rather a profound, sensory-focused experience.
More info is available at www.UrbanEdgeForestTherapy.com.
Note: The fee listed here for Meetup members is reduced by $10 off the standard fee!
• What to Wear: comfortable shoes and clothes, and bring and extra layer since we will be moving slowly.
• What to Bring: a sunhat/rain poncho/umbrella as needed.
• You also may wish to bring a water bottle and snack, since a walk typically lasts three hours.
• Sit stools and mats will be provided.
• Heavy rain cancels
• Arrive on time! We leave promptly at 6:00 and it will be difficult to catch up. [masked]. Restrooms are located near our meeting spot.