Ushahidi has an exceptionally strong user-base in Italy and there have been 165 separate deployments of Ushahidi concerning in Italy. Moreover, many of these vibrant deployers contribute to our software and documentation. As such, we, as Ushahidi would like to engage with them to better understand how to serve italian users of our software and provide an opportunity to develop new users.
10:00 Registration 10:30 - 10:45 am - Welcome from Ushahidi team and Polimi Hosts
10:45 - 11:00 am - Update from Ushahidi
• Status of V3
• Upcoming tools or other news (e.g. sunset of SwiftRiver)
• Ushahidi programs such as AkiraChix (http://akirachix.com/), Making All Voices Count (http://www.makingallvoicescount.org/), and Resilience Network Initiative (http://cityresilience.net/).
11:00 - 11:15: Ignite Talk 1: Francesci Bartoli: GeoAvalanche is a snow avalanche information system in the cloud. It is designed for improving avalanche awareness through the use of crowdsourced data and location-based services. We’ll explain how we are using Ushahidi for collecting structured data and tackling the challenge of snow avalanche risk. GeoAvalanche deployment is hugely customized and we are preparing the migration to the impressive new version 3.0.
11:15 - 11:30 - Coffee / Tea Break
11:30 - 12:45 - Ushahidi 101
• Walkthrough/Demo of Ushahidi v2 platform
• Hands on Training on how to use Ushahidi v2 platform
12:45 - 13:00 - Ignite Talk 2: CIMA Foundation will present on the use of crowd mapping and social media as support for disaster management decision making.
13:00 - 14:00 – Lunch (Provided)
14:00 - 14:15 - Ignite Talk 3: Giuseppe Calamita: Ushahidi of ISP users! The crowdmap paradigm as a solver.
14:15 - 15:00 Breakout session
• What challenges (both tech/organizational) are users facing, specifically in Italy?
• Questions/real-life strategy, what came up over lunch?
15:00 - 15:30 - Discussion: Report back/Broader discussion challenges the Italian Ushahidi community facing and how those can be addressed?
15:30-16:00 - Summary and Next Steps / Action items
Looking forward to seeing you there!