This is a social and support group for those who have left the LDS church, are struggling with it, or are looking for something outside the predominant culture of the valley. We offer many different opportunities to get together with like-minded individuals to make living in Happy Valley even more enjoyable!
This meetup group is associated with (and shares the same admins as) a "secret" Facebook group that provides for better privacy (meetup.com groups are all visible to the public). If you would like to join the FB group, contact one of the admins.
●● Join us for coffee every Sunday at Coffee Pod (426 W 1230 N, Provo) at 11:30am. The Coffee event is not posted each week on FB, but it happens nonetheless. ●●
1. Harassment and illegal activities WILL NOT be tolerated at UVPM events or within UVPM online forums.
2. Personal attacks towards others in the group, including behavior that is repeatedly strident and contentious in nature or detracts from the community will not be tolerated.
3. Any posts dealing with sensitive topics known to trigger emotional trauma should include a trigger warning (e.g. “TW - sexual assault” and several blank lines), so they can easily be scrolled over.
4. All events listed on the group event tab/page must follow the group policies, though hosts are free to include additional rules/restrictions on their own events.
5. All events posted on the UVPM Meetup or Facebook page need to address two issues: -Are kids allowed? -Is alcohol allowed?
6. Links to private events or events taking place outside the group, can be posted to the group, but if it is believed they will violate the group policies, or are not appropriate, the admins reserve the right to remove the post.
7. Creating or sharing posts on the UVPM meetup or facebook forums that are deemed as “selling” goods or services must be limited to the first Sunday of every month. Any post violating this policy will be removed by the admins.
To support these policies, admins may: moderate online conversations using the “[MOD]” tag, directly talk with or PM individuals, and if necessary, temporarily ban individuals.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of the above items, please contact an admin directly.
Admins: Steve Holbrook, Jared Horton, Molly Chrisman, Kirsten, Kevin Jensen or Larissa.