NO JUDGMENT ZONE! All ages, abilities, and skill levels are welcome! Even beginners!
Rain, snow, or shine -- we will plan the workshop accordingly. We promise you'll have fun even if it's raining or snowing!
On this group workshop you will:
• Experience the natural beauty of Vermont on back-road photography workshop and tour with a seasoned Vermont photographer and world-renowned Photography Instructor.
• Receive one-on-one instruction from Steve Mermelstein (http://www.vtphototours.com/about/steve-mermelstein/), learning many tips and tricks to help you improve your photography skills.
• Learn how take make portfolio worthy pictures every time you go out!
• Learn more about your lenses, your camera, when [and when not to] use specific functions, how to adjust the settings for different light conditions and different subjects.
• Receive many opportunities to make memorable and breathtaking photographs of Vermont.
• Be driven in style and comfort in one of our luxury SUVs to Vermont's best shoot locations for the light and weather conditions of the day. No climbing or hiking required!
• Lightroom instruction and portfolio consultation (if desired) in the classroom after sunset.
Depending on the weather conditions, we'll stop to shoot: waterfalls, covered bridges, barns, and churches, farms, farmers, antique trucks, cars, tractors, cows, sheep, sheepdogs, views of Mt. Mansfield, Camel's Hump, and other mountain ranges. We might see black bear, moose, white tailed deer, red fox, porcupine, hawks, woodpeckers, owls, and more!
This group workshop is limited to just 4 photographers to ensure each participant has one-on-one time with Steve Mermelstein. (Private Workshops are also available. http://www.vtphototours.com/workshops/private/ )
DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED IF THERE ARE FEW (or zero) RSVPs SHOWN ON THIS PAGE.
All our meetups are advertised to several different clubs and web sites. More people have likely signed up for this workshop using those other methods. Those other methods are completely independent of this page/group and are more active. We will automatically close the meetup to new sign ups once it’s actually full. In the rare and unlikely event we don’t fill up, the workshop will still go on as long as there is at least one paid signup.
Workshop departs from Generator, 40 Sears Ln, Burlington, VT 05401. Free parking at Champlain College Miller Center or along Sears Lane.
• An interest in photography. All skill levels from beginners to long time photographers welcome.
• A working camera; any make/model with RAW capability, Aperture Priority (A or Av), Shutter Priority (S or Tv) and Manual (M) modes.
Unsure? Need a recommendation? Ask in the comments below. We're happy to help. (Most cameras upwards of $500 and even many camera phones have these capabilities with a camera app downloaded from the app store.)
• Charged batteries for above.
• Blank memory cards for above (or free space if using your phone.)
• Tripod recommended but not required.
• Closed toe shoes, sneakers, or boots and appropriate dress for the forecast (https://darksky.net/).
Regularly $249.99 per person. EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: $199.99 per person. (Limited time offer: Vaild for all Spring and Summer dates booked by March 31, 2019. Please select Early Bird Special when adding to cart.)
IMPORTANT: To register and secure your space at this workshop you must sign up at: http://book.vtphototours.com/