Join this Developer Meetup at Helsinki Olympiaterminaali 13.30 -16.00
This Developer meetup to network is free of charge at Helsinki harbour before the Silja cruiseship leaves! So you don’t have to travel- but you can, if you want!
The topics include deep dives and status updates for the latest technologies related to JAVA as well as discussion on how development should be done in general. Speakers from ORACLE, SIILI Solutions and VAADIN.
You are able to meet for example David Delabassée, who is regular speaker at Jfokus 2018 conference, he is a Software Evangelist working for Oracle; his primary focus is Java on the Server-Side from Java EE to Serverless.
You can also join us for the dinner and whole cruise at 5 PM Silja Symphony to Stockholm and head same time to Jfokus 2018 Stockholm, which is one of the largest developer conference in Sweden! ( Jfokus 2018 https://www.jfokus.se )
Just register this afternoon Meetup!
• Location Helsinki, Harbour Olympiaterminaali 5th Feb Monday:
• Time: Topics 13.30 – 16.00 for example:
• “Fn Project – an open source Java friendly container native serverless platform” - Meet our Speaker David Delabassee, (Oracle) who is also speaker at this years Jfokus 2018 conference Stockholm!
Serverless computing and FaaS (Function as a Service) are the new black!
They radically changes how software is organized, deployed, and charged for, and is in the process of further disrupting the still-evolving world of cloud computing.
This talk will present Fn project (http://fnproject.io), a new Open-Source project, which features a code-first approach to building polyglot sophisticated applications on top of FaaS. We will discuss Fn Flow, a CompletionStage like API, used to compose multiple functions into meaningful applications. No flow-charts, no exoteric stuff, just plain readable and testable (Java) code! And although FN project is polyglot, this session will focus mostly on the Java side of it.
• “Application development with Vaadin on Oracle Cloud”- by Mika Rinne (Oracle). Rapid application development with Vaadin on Oracle Cloud. Spin up your Vaadin development environment in minutes and build and deploy your application by just using a browser. No local tools required. This demonstration will show you how!
• “Developers are Humans”
Introduction to Developer Experience and how Apiary can help on your way to better DX.
- by Marko Hirsimäki (Siili Solutions)
• “Vaadin 10: Filling the gap between web standards & simplified development”- Speaker Amahdy Abdelaziz - Vaadin has announced the developer preview of its next major Java framework: Vaadin Flow. The main focus has been on modern web standards. All UI elements are now based on standard Web Components specifications. But here comes few questions:
• Why Web Components?
• How is that different for existing Vaadin Framework developers?
• What advantages it gives to web apps developers?
• In this presentation we will discuss those highlights, along with few code examples to see how it works live on stage.
Stay tuned for updates!
You can find the preliminary agenda and speakers below.
The agenda at harbour is in the afternoon 1.30 – 4.00 PM Helsinki Olympiaterminaali, Silja Symphony is staying at harbor before boat is leaving 5 PM.
Onboard a cruise ship in the middle of the icy Baltic sea, we'll arrange early Meetup as a "warm-up" to the Jfokus 2018 conference. But You can also join just this Cruise Ship Meetup!
You'll have an opportunity to meet and network others- with a cold free beer in your hand - all aboard the fancy Silja Symphony.
Monday 5th Feb 2018
At 13.30 – 16:00
Location: Silja ( Olympiaterminaali/ Olympiaranta 1, Helsinki )
13.30 Meetup starts, Refreshments and networking
“Just bring your browser” - "Application development with Vaadin on Oracle Cloud”
- Speaker Mika Rinne, Oracle
“Developers are Humans”, Introduction to Developer Experience and how Apiary can help on your way to better DX.
- Speaker Siili Solutions, Marko Hirsimäki
"Fn Project – an open source Java friendly container native serverless platform- “
- Speaker David Delabassee, Oracle (speaker also at Jfokus 2018 Stockholm event)
"Vaadin 10: Filling the gap between web standards & simplified development"-
- Speaker Amahdy Abdelaziz, Vaadin
16.30 – Helsinki Meetup will end for those who want to leave the Cruiseship
17:00 – Silja Ship leaves from Helsinki to Stockholm for those who wants to join evening Dinner
18:00 – NETWORKING DINNER- Join Us Dinner at Silja Symphony
Tuesday 6th Feb 2018
09:45 CET - Arriving Stockholm City Monday morning at 9:45, we are organizing joint transportation to Jfokus 2018.
In case you stay at Silja reserve yourself cabin at Silja Symphony directly https://booking.tallink.com/
or call/ Silja myyntipalvelu phone: 0600 15700.·
You can also find Jfokus 2018 event ticket and information here:
This Meetup is for free but remember to register for this Meetup. More information and any questions organizer Taru Savunen