Cost: $18 on Eventbrite (please preregister)
or $25 at the door
This event is for VR professionals offering VR services. Regardless of whether you are a startup or already in business, all are welcome.
VR (Virtual Reality) is citied today as a hot technology to watch. With so many content creators, hardware pioneers and endorsement by the large internet and software giants, it looks like VR just may pass the ‘fad’ stage and get widespread adoption in the future.
Or will it? While everyone agrees that VR technology is cool, most businesses aren’t sure what to do with it yet. Although there seems to be practical use cases for VR, such as in the medical sector, what’s really driving VR are forward thinking entrepreneurs…and the video game industry.
If you are a VR company today, the question then is… how can you make money?
This event is an open discussion on how service providers can start and sustain a business offering VR with emphasis on the business and money of VR.
We will talk about three components for VR companies today, including:
1. Startup and funding – are you bootstrapping or seeking investment?
2. Technical execution and services – which types of VR will ‘make it’?
3. Sales – everyone wants to know how to generate VR revenue
And try to answer:
• Is it possible that VR, like 3DTV, is just a fad?
• What types of VR services exist today (and in the future?).
• Who wants it? Who will benefit from VR services?
• What would (should) they pay?
• What you need to do to sell VR services
• The future of VR consumption?
This discussion will be moderated by Ronald Lee, a (visual) marketer who is also connecting Canadian companies to Chinese investment. We’re running this event only once, be sure to come or you’ll be sorry you missed it.
We’ll start the event by getting to know everyone in the room and include a Show and Tell! If you have something cool and VR related, please bring it to show us.