Circuit Stream and Launch Academy partner to bring Vancouverites an insider's look at building for Magic Leap and Developing for Augmented Reality.
These events have limited seating, so snag your seats and RSVP right away over at https://buildingarapps.eventbrite.com/?aff=VanVRMeetup
Friday - Magic Leap 101
Nov 23, 6:30-8pm
At the brand new VR/AR Hub at Launch Academy, Circuit Stream founder Lou Pushelberg will demonstrate what developers need to know before starting with Magic Leap, including its capabilities and limitations. Plus, we'll have a Magic Leap One ready for attendees to try!
- How the Magic Leap One is different from Microsoft Hololens
- What we're most excited about
- Magic Leap's Development Guide
- Real use-cases for Magic Leap's AR
Saturday - Building Your Own AR App
Nov 24, 10am-4pm
Learn how to make your own Augmented Reality app onto your mobile device using Unity. Beginner friendly, no previous experience is required. Lunch is provided!
By the end of the Introductory Workshop, you will understand the basics of AR development and you'll get to know the community and learn about resources to help startup your own AR/VR projects.
During Saturday's workshop, you will learn:
- How industry leading tools like Unity are used to create Augmented and Virtual Reality apps
- About opportunities in the AR and VR industry
- Resources to create your own AR apps
- How an an augmented reality app is built from scratch with Unity for Vuforia
- Getting started creating AR apps of your own, including building your own app during the workshop
RSVP and claim your spot at https://buildingarapps.eventbrite.com/?aff=VanVRMeetup