* Attendees should already be comfortable with jQuery, underscore, and Backbone to get the most out of this presentation.
‘Make your Backbone.js apps dance with a composite application architecture!
Marionette is a library that simplifies Backbone application development by introducing some powerful new tools and patterns, and helping to eliminate a lot of the boilerplate we are used to writing. Michael will be giving us a talk about how he’s been using marionette on his projects.
Here's a list of some of the features marionette brings to the table from the backbone site:
- Scaling applications out with modular, event driven architecture
- Sensible defaults, such as using Underscore templates for view rendering
- Easy to modify to make it work with your application's specific needs
- Reducing boilerplate for views, with specialized view types
- Build on a modular architecture with an Application and modules that attach to it
- Compose your application's visuals at runtime, with Region and Layout
- Nested views and layouts within visual regions
- Built-in memory management and zombie killing in views, regions and layouts
- Built-in event clean up with the EventBinder
- Event-driven architecture with the EventAggregator
- Flexible, "as-needed" architecture allowing you to pick and choose what you need
5:45 - 6:30: Networking & Pizza
6:30 - 7:45: Presentation
7:45 - 8:15: Networking
Michael Sitter is a web developer at iQmetrix where he has been helping drive forward some best practices and patterns for their web apps.