We’re a laid-back group that enjoys hearty conversation in a relaxed space. If you’ve ever spent an evening in a pub in the UK, you’ll know what to expect. Good conversation, laughter, food, and a drink or two. We meet every other Friday after work, and every now-and-then host sessions inline with festivals, sports events and other random happenings around town.
Everyone is welcome (even tee-totalers – alcohol is not mandatory, lol), but we don’t approve memberships willy nilly. We enjoy a good laugh, but are serious about protecting our group and our members. If you’re serious about joining us, please:
- Write a decent intro
- Post a photo in which your face is clearly visible (no sunglasses)
- Answer your profile questions properly
We’re always looking for the ultimate pub that gets the balance just right, so we’d love to hear ideas for different venues. Keep in mind though, that we’d like sessions to be easily accessible.
We expect you to have a good attitude and behave responsibly.
- Integrity: Sessions are limited, so please honour your rsvp. If you decide that you'd like to join us after the deadline and there's still room, please post a message and let us know you're coming. If you’ll be late, please post a message with your eta.
- Respect: We won’t tolerate harassment or bullying. We also won’t tolerate aggressive marketing or business promotion. If you’re disrespectful, you’ll be removed from the group.
- Commitment: We charge a session fee of one dollar to cover Meetup costs.
With that out the way, we're looking forward to meeting you :)