Hello nerdy ladies! This is a group for women who love comics, science fiction & fantasy, boardgames, D&D, trivia and all things considered geeky. If you'd like to join in on a sci-fi & fantasy book club, play boardgames, attend local events and conventions, watch movies, or just spend the night out on the town with other women who share your interests, then this is group for you!
My goal is for the group to host a variety of different events such as:
• Late night coffee outings
• Boardgame Nights
• Movie Nights
• TV Binge Watching Nights
• Dinners/Brunches/Lunches etc.
• Girls Night Out - Night Clubs, Local "Geeky/Nerdy" Events, etc.
• Pub Trivia
• Sci-Fi and Fantasy Book Club
• Sci-Fi and Tech Talks and Conventions
• Crafty get-togethers - Learning to knit, soap making, etc.
• D&D (or other RPG) Games Nights
Le Rules (Dun! Dun! Duuuuun!):
• This group is a place for nerdy ladies to meet and form friendships with one another offline, I am requesting that all members include a picture of their face as their profile picture and their first name when applying.
• We will not tolerate any attempts for the group to be used for commercial purposes, members who do so will be banned.
• Please notify event organizer ASAP if you will be late and let us know your ETA, so we can make sure that we meet up, it's as simple as posting this on the event page via the meetup app. This has generally not been an issue for the group - but it's good practice.
• If you RSVP to an event with a waitlist and you change your mind, please change your RSVP status to 'not going' at least 12 hours ahead of time so your place can be offered to someone on the waitlist with sufficient notification. Often times members update not going at the last minute, which is not fair to the waitlisted members as they to do not have enough time to plan accordingly and are frequently unable to attend.
• 3 strike policy: Things happen, we get it. More than 3 no-shows to an event and you will be removed from the group. A no show is when a member does not show up to an event nor do they provide notice of their change in attendance. No shows are forgiven if you were on the waitlist and RSVP'ed by meetup at the last minute (less than 12 hours in advance of the event).
•Chronic last-minute cancellations: If you are abusing the cancellation policy by signing up and cancelling at the last minute (less than 1 hour from the event), you will be removed from the group.