Does the thought of speaking at our local WordPress Vancouver Meetup intrigue you? The focus of this workshop will be to generate topics to give a talk on, boost your speaking confidence, and allow you to practice speaking in a safe space. At the end of the workshop you will have a few ideas for talks, an outline on one topic, a description for our Meetup page (or pitch/proposal for applying to other events), and a chance to practice speaking in a small group.
***You do NOT have to have any experience in public speaking. This workshop is for all levels of experience.
We will be providing water and some light snacks to share. Feel free to bring your own food and non-alcoholic beverage (to share if you wish).
- Why speak at WordPress events?
- Dispelling some myths about speakers/speaking
- Coming up with topics and choosing one
- Writing a Meetup description (or formal pitch/proposal for other events)
- Coming up with a great title
- Writing your bio
- Writing the outline
- Practice giving a short talk
The venue has elevators.
Please do not wear scents. Many people are allergic to them.